hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotels

What are the chances of getting other hotels to give defcon goers a discount rate? I believe it was defcon 8 that we had many hotels in the area giving good rates. Eh just a idea. I would be willing to help out if i can.
    mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
    KeyID 3B535825D9402365
    FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Re: hotels

Originally posted by mage2
    What are the chances of getting other hotels to give defcon goers a discount rate? I believe it was defcon 8 that we had many hotels in the area giving good rates. Eh just a idea. I would be willing to help out if i can.
    If you're willing to pay $200/night, you'll find quite a lot of extremely nice rooms on the strip. Even at $120/night, you'll find rooms that are generally nicer than the AP.

I recommend either the Celebrity Spa or the Premiere suites in the MGM Grand. The Premiere are actually larger than my apartment.
    http://bitshift.org

Comment

RE: hotels

No i ment that more than just the AP gave defcon discounted rates. Is that possible.
      mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
      KeyID 3B535825D9402365
      FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

Re: RE: hotels

Originally posted by mage2
        No i ment that more than just the AP gave defcon discounted rates. Is that possible.
        The AP doesn't give Defcon discounted rates. If you look at their reservation page when they change it back after con, you'll see that the Defcon rates are approximately $20 per night higher than their room rates for similar nights outside of Defcon. In fact, if you booked your room before the hotel was confirmed (like right after Blackhat dates went up), you would have been booked at the normal, lower rates, instead of the Defcon rates. As soon as the hotel was confirmed, the rates were raised, and the only way to get a room was to mention you were with Defcon.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Re: Re: RE: hotels

Originally posted by octalpussy
          The AP doesn't give Defcon discounted rates. If you look at their reservation page when they change it back after con, you'll see that the Defcon rates are approximately $20 per night higher than their room rates for similar nights outside of Defcon. In fact, if you booked your room before the hotel was confirmed (like right after Blackhat dates went up), you would have been booked at the normal, lower rates, instead of the Defcon rates. As soon as the hotel was confirmed, the rates were raised, and the only way to get a room was to mention you were with Defcon.

And thus, we arrive at the crux of my issue with them, as they only bothered to change the website for the Monarch rooms (the cheapest), and left the rest of the rooms at the non-Defcon rate, in non-blocked-out status (except for the actual dates for Defcon, which were in fact blocked out and at the higher rate). Not having stayed at the AP before, I wasn't prepared for this little bit of chicanery. Thus, I made a stink, as I tend to do when I'm in the middle of a shafting sans reach-around.

Ah, well. Live and learn.
          http://bitshift.org

Comment

The one bit of advice I can offer is to reserve a room early, I was doing some inital recon of hotels around the zoo, reason being there's more than a couple of *BIG* conventions in town that weekend and rooms are either sold out or demanding premium prices.

And to think no one used to come to Las Vegas in the summertime because of the heat...
            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Unfortunatly this year my family is taging along with me so they now control most of the money and got the cheapest room for $60 a night. I mean that is cheap. I dont remember were but it is pretty close to defcon but still takes longer than a 10 minute drive.

Comment

going w/ your family?! they're in for a trip......!
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

My brother was sick last year so I went with my best friend. So he is coming this year. And my mother has never been to vegas and she is playing for the plane tickets. So only me, my friend and my brother are going to defcon. My mom thinks defcon is all nice and quiet.:D

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                    My brother was sick last year so I went with my best friend. So he is coming this year. And my mother has never been to vegas and she is playing for the plane tickets. So only me, my friend and my brother are going to defcon. My mom thinks defcon is all nice and quiet.:D
                    it is. why, have you heard otherwise?
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

It is quiet. If you remember, we shared the hotel with a church group at Defcon 8.

...for about 3 seconds....

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                        So I suppose you'll be keeping two sets of photos? One for you... one for mom... heh
                        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

My mom isnt going to the actual defcon she is just going to see shows and other stuff in vegas. If she was that would suck. And if all goes well she will still think defcon is alcohol free and educational.:D She wont be seeing any photos at all.

Comment

you might want to get dropped off one hotel down too. DC tends not to contain itself withen the walls of the AP.
                            the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                              DC tends not to contain itself withen the walls of the AP.
                              Far from it.. come to think of it you may want to have her drop you off at the Ameri-Suites on the corner of Paradise & Harmon... that would be your safest bet.. but what do I know.. I only live there
                              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                              X