Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Features: How do I add a Poll? How do I add a calendar event?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Forum Features: How do I add a Poll? How do I add a calendar event?

Hello! Did you want to learn about DEF CON forum features? If there is interest in this kind of thing, I can post more suggestions on taking advantage of less well known forum features

Features to help you with your contest, event, social gathering, village or more...

Definitions:
    A Channel or a Forum (same thing) can contain 0 or more threads.
    A Topic or a Thread (same thing) can contain 1 or more posts.
    A Reply or Post can contain 0 or comments
    Comments are like posts but appear immediately under the post where made, before any other posts.

You are reading an article; this is like a topic/thread but in a special channel/forum for articles.

When you create a new topic/thread in a channel/forum, you have options to add special content not available when replying to existing threads or posting comments to specific posts.

See this example: https://forum.defcon.org/node/227827 :
    [IMAGE: example of calendar/event in the top post of a thread]
    You can add calendar/events or polls when creating a thread for the first time. The above is an example of a calendar/event in a post.

See these two circled options which are available when creating a new topic/thread:
    [IMAGE: example of new topic/thread with red or yellow highlighting for poll and event options respectively]
    In the above image, you can see I added a red box around the "add a poll" option and a yellow box around the "add en event" option.

Polls:
    If you select the "Add a poll" option then below the region where you type content for your post, you should see:

[IMAGE: example image of poll options under topic-text when selected]

You can add more possible answers to your poll, specify a deadline for when votes won't be counted, allow votes for more than one of your answers (check-box instead of radio-button selection), and if how people voted should be public (how each username voted can be seen when people click on the results of a poll.

Calendar Entries:
    Then we have the yellow-boxed (above) "add an event" option. When it is selected, you get new options below the text box for your text content:

(At this time, an event or a poll are mutually exclusive, but that may change without notice.)

[IMAGE: example event option enabled]

From this, you can specify details on when the event should start and location details.
    NOTE: What you put in the message subject is the name of the calendar entry.

Feedback is welcome!
    Good luck!
      Posting comments is disabled.

Article Tags

Collapse

There are no tags yet.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• I want to post, but what if ...?
      by number6
      Welcome to the DEF CON forums!

Q: How do you know if your post will be well received, or people will complain?
      A: You don't. Nobody knows!

Part of being a hacker is trying new things. "What if I posted something and... ?" You can spend a lot of time thinking about all the possible events that may result in not feeling welcome, BUT no matter how likely or unlikely any of those outcomes are? There is one certainty if you DON'T post: your idea, your question,...
      2 weeks ago
    • Forum Features: How do I add a Poll? How do I add a calendar event?
      by number6
      Hello! Did you want to learn about DEF CON forum features? If there is interest in this kind of thing, I can post more suggestions on taking advantage of less well known forum features

Features to help you with your contest, event, social gathering, village or more...

Definitions:
      A Channel or a Forum (same thing) can contain 0 or more threads.
      A Topic or a Thread (same thing) can contain 1 or more posts.
      A Reply or Post can contain 0 or comments
      June 8th, 2019, 17:33
    Working...
    X