Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum were down from around 6am until around 9:45am this morning. Sorry about the down time. Issue found and resolved. DB has been repaired. Please let us know if you see strangeness on the forums.
    6: "Who is Number1?"
    2: "You are number6"
    6: "I am not a number!..."

Comment

An upgrade to software used by the forums has just been completed.
      Down-time was around 10 seconds.
      This upgrade should not impact service.
      Please let us know if you see problems or issues.
      If you can't reply, you can email us at defconforums@gmail.com

Comment

Victory!

As part of the ongoing system maintenance and security improvements I've been using the "least privileged" model, and just now I've managed to get every process needed to run the forums executing as a non-privileged user. Woo! That was necessary because it is the foundation to the next series of security improvements.

For now I'll let things run this way and keep an eye on logs. As usual if you see or notice anything good or bad please let us know to investigate.
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

• Dark Tangent
          Dark Tangent commented
          Editing a comment
          So far so good, so we will move on to the next set of security enhancements.

Looks like it caused a problem with picture uploads. It's been fixed and the hunt continues by number6 to find other issues.
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Minor update to software forms uses. I don't anticipate any problems. No new features. Please let us know if you see problems by replying here or sending us an email with the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

Comment

Work was done to clean up issues related to improved security preventing new avatar and new attachments from being made available to browsers.
            Please let us know if either of these re-surface or if the applied fixes break other things which were working.
            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X