DEF CON Forum Site Header Art

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#Badge Life - Got a badge to show off or sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Badge Life - Got a badge to show off or sell?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DC27-badgelife.jpg Views:	600 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	232000

#Badgelife is a big part of the DEF CON experience, and it will adapt for Safe Mode this year!

Got a badge you are building or a project you want to show off or need help with? Here is the place!
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; May 10, 2020, 11:16.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Guess I'd better hustle the hell up and build Stardew Valley Tribute Badge #3 then. I'll post something in a day or two.

Comment

I'd be saddened to not add any of this years badges to my collection.
      Also I'm always looking to buy non-human badges from previous years and human badges from DC 19,20, and 21 that I'm missing.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200510_101845.jpg
Views:	6663
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	232180
      Attached Files

Comment

• Dark Tangent
        Dark Tangent commented
        Editing a comment
        Tip: Use the photo button in the top bar next to the smile face to add pictures, works better than the Attach Files feature - meant for things like pdf or zip files.

• LosT
        LosT commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, a lot of hours of my life in that picture. I've always loved the up-side down Alfred H. in the DC 20 human variant. What badges are you missing?

• DatBoi
        DatBoi commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I'm missing a lot of the in-human badges. For 20 I'm missing the goon badge and 0111,1000, and 1101 and I'm missing quite a few from 21 as well.

For those that build and make badges, please let me know if/when you have a badge that you are looking to sell. I am always interested in acquiring your artwork and adding it to my collection.

Comment

No Whiskey Pirates badge this year, but people from our group are working on different badges:
        • Aask's Internet of Batteries WiFi badge
        • AOA DISAGREE (original and new DIGITAL EDITION) addon
        • SPACE FORCE 2020 badge
        With changes this year we'll need to work out what firmware will do. Let's hope we have the time and ability to make something fun.

Will post photos and details closer to DC date.
        Sometimes, thinking outside of the box just makes you homeless.

Comment

Will there be a official Defcon Safemode Badge mister DarkTangent ? Shout out to Coco the corona bat! https://www.tindie.com/products/magi...virus-bat-sao/

Comment

• alxhh
            alxhh commented
            Editing a comment
            Cannot be shipped to Germany ;(

This was to be our first foray into offering an indie badge - the eChallengeCoin! Is an electronic challenge coin (44mm diameter) with 3 interacting challenges, 3 story challenges (via its UART interface) and a bonus to unlock. It even comes in a coin holder case! We already produced about 50 and have parts for 50 more. We are looking for suggestions on how to make these available!

Comment

• whiskypanic
            whiskypanic commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, nice! PM sent.

• LosT
            LosT commented
            Editing a comment
            Those look great!

• suforeman
            suforeman commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! This group is amazing! We thought we might get lucky and sell as many as 100 eChallengeCoin. This past weekend we sold out the last of the production - 250 eChallengeCoin in all.

Thanks! we knew less than nothing when we started - just the idea that an elecronic challenge coin sounded cool. what a ride!
          Last edited by suforeman; May 11, 2020, 04:19.

Comment

We would be interested in any consensus on how to make these available. It would be great if all of the badgelife “consumers” have an easy way to find all of the badgelife “creators”.
            Last edited by suforeman; May 11, 2020, 04:21.

Comment

• Dark Tangent
              Dark Tangent commented
              Editing a comment
              You could always just offer them for sale? Or for trade, as a reward for a contest, etc.

• Miswired
              Miswired commented
              Editing a comment
              Hopefully this forum will help collect badges being offered, but I agree with Suforeman, a directory or main store hub would be very helpful. :)

• Nikita
              Nikita commented
              Editing a comment
              This might seem atypical, but for individual sellers if we're talking small to medium batches, paypal goods and services invoices are really easy to manage selling and shipping for a home ship type operation. You'll take less seller fees than places like ebay, etsy, mercari, etc. You just need to take orders your preferred way and then do the rest through paypal invoices with their email address. That is what i would do, if I had 1000 badges to sell. 1000 or more, i'd adjust my plans, but I could easily ship and sell 1k badges from home using a direct paypal approach, saves on shipping too. ( US domestic)

(I'll add, i know this because I sell things online as a hobby in BST communities, and that's my preferred and most cost effective approach for me) .
              Last edited by Nikita; May 13, 2020, 19:18. Reason: additon

Maybe this is the right place to post this, but has anything been proposed, or in works, for a badge this year? Something that can be ordered online, or even a company like hackerboxes that may have capacity to deliver mass quantities of badges? Just a thought.

Comment

Yes, we are working on a badge we plan to sell to help cover costs.

Logistically we are thinking through how to produce and ship them in time for people to have them by con.
              PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

• hdanielson
                hdanielson commented
                Editing a comment
                AWESOME YOU MADE MY DAY! Cannot Wait! Thanks #badgelife

It looks like Tindie will be the vehicle for making the eChallengeCoin available. We are working REALLY hard to make sure the internlational shipping options are fair and affordable.

For those who want a little background on the eChallengeCoin, there is a short video over on instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_9jgmqDK87/

we are frantically making a few other “introduction” videos to replace IRL demonstration.
              Last edited by suforeman; May 15, 2020, 10:20.

Comment

• BldyFrog
                BldyFrog commented
                Editing a comment
                Keeping eyes open for purchase instructions...

• 5ignull
                5ignull commented
                Editing a comment
                This is exceptionally creative. I've been looking for challenge coin ideas to boost morale at work and such. This is an excellent and very unique item that can inspire and be exceptionally memorable to the recipient. Again, any help you are looking for, please don't hesitate to reach out. Send me a PM!

• Michels
                Michels commented
                Editing a comment
                If you help us in Germany ship badges to US endusers, we will help you ship challenge coins to EU endusers. Maybe this works?

We are just waiting on the Tindie approval process. Domesting (USA) shipping will be easy. If tou are international we hopectou will be patient as we try to get reasonable shipping costs.

In the meantime, the “eChallengeCoin - Getting Started” video is up!

https://vimeo.com/420452308

Comment

• suforeman
                suforeman commented
                Editing a comment
                well, the first 40 sold out. we will getvthose shipped and make another batch.

• ftalligator
                ftalligator commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm very excited about receiving these! Thanks for doing all of this and making such a cool badge/coin. :)

• mithrix
                mithrix commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice! Missed the first round. Looking forward to getting in on the next batch... :)

Just checking with the community to see if any luscious badges are available. Let us know when they are up for acquisition.

Comment

I got on the wait list and just ordered mine! Looking forward to it! Meant to reply to thread - talking about the e-challenge coin.

Comment

Working...
                X