Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#Badge Life - Got a badge to show off or sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Badge Life - Got a badge to show off or sell?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DC27-badgelife.jpg Views:	600 Size:	136.6 KB ID:	232000

#Badgelife is a big part of the DEF CON experience, and it will adapt for Safe Mode this year!

Got a badge you are building or a project you want to show off or need help with? Here is the place!
    Last edited by Dark Tangent; May 10, 2020, 11:16.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Guess I'd better hustle the hell up and build Stardew Valley Tribute Badge #3 then. I'll post something in a day or two.

Comment

For those that build and make badges, please let me know if/when you have a badge that you are looking to sell. I am always interested in acquiring your artwork and adding it to my collection.

Comment

No Whiskey Pirates badge this year, but people from our group are working on different badges:
        • Aask's Internet of Batteries WiFi badge
        • AOA DISAGREE (original and new DIGITAL EDITION) addon
        • SPACE FORCE 2020 badge
        With changes this year we'll need to work out what firmware will do. Let's hope we have the time and ability to make something fun.

Will post photos and details closer to DC date.
        Sometimes, thinking outside of the box just makes you homeless.

Comment

Will there be a official Defcon Safemode Badge mister DarkTangent ? Shout out to Coco the corona bat! https://www.tindie.com/products/magi...virus-bat-sao/

Comment

• alxhh
            alxhh commented
            Editing a comment
            Cannot be shipped to Germany ;(

Maybe this is the right place to post this, but has anything been proposed, or in works, for a badge this year? Something that can be ordered online, or even a company like hackerboxes that may have capacity to deliver mass quantities of badges? Just a thought.

Comment

Yes, we are working on a badge we plan to sell to help cover costs.

Logistically we are thinking through how to produce and ship them in time for people to have them by con.
            PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

• hdanielson
              hdanielson commented
              Editing a comment
              AWESOME YOU MADE MY DAY! Cannot Wait! Thanks #badgelife

Dark Tangent First time DC cybersecurity student and poster here. Is there such thing as an official DC Badge? And if so when can we expect a release for it? Thank you so much!

Comment

• LosT
              LosT commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, there is always an official DC badge. Welcome to the party :)

• Hyr0n
              Hyr0n commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. You generally get them at registration until they run out, typically located at the pool on the roof.

omg. this is silly. I missed it too... 😭

Comment

Is anybody thinking of hosting an online #BadgeLife meet-up/happy hour?

Comment

• AwkwardAI
                AwkwardAI commented
                Editing a comment
                I was planning on doing a stream to hack my badge once we get closer to con, I really haven't done the ground work yet but yes, I like the idea of a #badgelife lounge.

Originally posted by uberfoo View Post
              Is anybody thinking of hosting an online #BadgeLife meet-up/happy hour?
              Cool idea. I'd be in for that.

Comment

• uberfoo
                uberfoo commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd be willing to host something using my Zoom account but that only allows 100 people max. Trying to gauge how much interest there might be in such a meetup.
                Does anybody know what technology other meetups are using?

So I did make a badge tracker. If I missed something just hit me up on twitter, akwardai.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NwqxxE4I-cqYmBf1gYda0zfEFOs0V3HOa6TacqoAiF8/

Comment

• mithrix
                mithrix commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for pulling that together.

If this thread gathers steam we will create a dedicated #BadgeLife section on the forums. Interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                If this thread gathers steam we will create a dedicated #BadgeLife section on the forums. Interested?
                that'd be really cool. will there be a #badgelife channel in the discord as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent View Post
                  I'd like to see a separate forum section and with a little luck, "creators" would then be able to manage badge-specific topic/threads easy enough so "users" could stay up to date on new badges and have tips&tricks for existing badges.

Comment

Working...
                  X