Old People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [Syntax]
    My first machine was a Commodore 64, Later I got a TRS-80 and used those 5" floppies, but on the commodore I was using one of those cassette drives, you loaded games and stuff by audio cassette.

Anyone remember those?

4mb sticks of simm memory were 125.00 on sale.. My first pc was a 50mhz with 4mb ram and 340 hard drive. First cd burner I bought in 1996. External Scsi, 2x no rewrite capability. 1199.00
    899 after price match and rebate..

Times and prices have changed, Im 24, the things you guys were talking about are still recent..

I never used those big diskettes though..
    I do remember punching the holes in the single sided disks to make them double density..
    My first computing machine was a Cobra...didn't cobra use the cobol language?

Syntax? you used a c64 an did not use those big floppy disks? i had a FDD and that cassete player.. (mine had speakers..and it did't have a volume swich...OHH the horror)..

My first computer was a 50 mhz with 8 mb RAM and..get this a 40 MB HDD..it was the size of a Reebok snickers box :)..

!!i belive we all punched a few holes in FD's to make them bigger and realize that after a while they stoped working...
    :D
    BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, YOU ACCEPT IT AS IS AND AGREE TO MY DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS WELL AS DISCLAIMERS OF ALL LIABILITY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE INSTALLATION OF THIS BRICK INTO YOUR BUILDING.

Comment

The sorry thing is, so many toys from my childhood.. 15+ years ago are still around, or have been rereleased, and are selling...

Youd think technology would have evolved a little, and that kids would no longer be entertained with lincoln logs, transformers, rubix cubes, light brights, glow worm, and atari..

Have you seen the little atari emulator that has all the games preloaded on it.. I think theres a nintendo one too..

I myself have the real Atari, I mean if your gonna relive your childhood, at least do it right.. Nothing like PacMan on a 27" tv..

Hey and now you can use a RCA to Coax adapter.. nice clear picture.. no more radio shack switch box.

Surprisingly Radio Shack still sells that old metal box with the black sliding switch..

Comment

I retract any former statements I may have made on this subject and acquiesce to the reality that I'm old now. Can we make this happen? Metamucil and Mickeys for breakfast?
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus View Post
          I retract any former statements I may have made on this subject and acquiesce to the reality that I'm old now. Can we make this happen? Metamucil and Mickeys for breakfast?
          You again..
          Hacker DJ, AHA Hooligan, DEF CON Security Goon, SXSW Crew Chief, Squirrel Army

Comment

Welcome to the land of OLD...

Comment

Holy necromancy. I'm not sure I knew what Defcon was in 04.

Comment

Working...
              X