Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a telephone number for recorded schedule information. It was kept up to date. If you couldn't read the signs that were posted in plain sight every couple feet, that sounds a lot like a "you" problem. The phone line was an incredible concept and we heard nothing but compliments about its availability.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
      Defcon isn't at the AP next year and the facilities are larger.
      Oh? What's the news on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhym
        Oh? What's the news on that?
        It's been cancelled.
        "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98
          It's been cancelled.
          Yes, yes. That's every bit as clever on the five thousandth repetition as it was on the first.

Comment

Well, I'm glad you guys had a good time, but I didn't enjoy it, and the people around me didn't look too pleased either. On a side note, did anyone go to ATM Network Vulnerabilities on the first day? Ohhhhh man.

Comment

Originally posted by Falln
              Well, I'm glad you guys had a good time, but I didn't enjoy it, and the people around me didn't look too pleased either. On a side note, did anyone go to ATM Network Vulnerabilities on the first day? Ohhhhh man.

Then don't go back.. You won't be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                There was a telephone number for recorded schedule information. It was kept up to date. If you couldn't read the signs that were posted in plain sight every couple feet, that sounds a lot like a "you" problem. The phone line was an incredible concept and we heard nothing but compliments about its availability.

Perhaps you missed the part in my post where I stated that it was NOT updated.

Originally posted by JoeTampa
                I called the interactive scheduler from the tent - it hadn't been updated. I went to the info booth and was told that it had indeed been switched.
                It was a nice system, I'll grant you that. But at 4:25, it was still telling me that the rescheduled session was in progress even though it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                  Ok, you are tard.. Defcon isn't at the AP next year and the facilities are larger.. So sit down and shut the fuck up like a good little bitch. Ok? Thanks.. Bye.

Your tard-foo is stronger than mine - where, exactly, is that information posted? Right, I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeTampa
                    Your tard-foo is stronger than mine - where, exactly, is that information posted? Right, I thought so.

It's not my fault that you don't have inside sources fuckboy...

Now run along before I make you my new bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhym
                      Yes, yes. That's every bit as clever on the five thousandth repetition as it was on the first.
                      You know, StumblerCon has been cancelled as well ?

Dutch
                      All your answers are belong to Google. Search dammit!!!

Comment

I didn't have any trouble getting into the talks I wanted. It seemed easy enough to catch up on scheduling changes just by word of mouth, and by referring to a cached copy of the website's schedule each morning.

Was the ATM presentation good? I wanted to see it, but ended up getting tugged somewhere else by friends iirc.

My favorite one this year was the Infrared one. It was pretty awesome. Maybe it was the delivery of the presentation. I was always thinking "wow, thats cool" and then Major Malfunction kept taking it to the next level and showing something even more wicked. Lots of jokes always help too :)

Comment

What color was the goon's shirts you asked. I told a dozen or more folks I did not know what talk was coming up, even when I was gooning it. If it was a person in a red shirt, quite frankly we had much higher priorties, such as keeping people from killing themselves and each other. The blue shirt goons (speaker goons) are usually the ones on top of the talks, and as far as I knew they did a good job for the circumstances. Defcon is more mass confusion than father's day in a trailor park.. it is not possible for everything to run perfectly. Of the people that were bitching about not being able to find a talk most that I asked did not bother to ask at the info booth. Those guys were not just sitting there for the hell of it.. they were there to help and did do so.

For the record, the next person that I hear snivel about paying $80 and did not get to see a talk they wanted gets my boot right in the taint. Yes, $80 is a good chunk of change for some folks. Like someone said.. that is not much when you factor it out over a few days. Face it, where the fuck else are you going to get 3 days of fun at that price?!?)

The talks were on hotel tv, etc.. until becoming a security goon I have never missed a talk I wanted to see since I started going at DC9. (now I have more important things to worry about at con, such as helping make sure your $80 is not for nothing). The rule of thumb is this: can't find a talk? Ask. Don't know who to ask? Go to the info booth? Can't get in a talk? Find a TV. Can't get in a talk or find a TV? Get a drink, look at the shiny CD you got when you registered, relax, and make some friends. The talk will be posted online soon enough. None of that makes you happy? Then fuck off. You are probably being a pain in everyone's ass.. For the folks that bitch that they spent $80 to be here and are not happy... so did 6,000+ other people that will tell you that is the highlight of their year.
                          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Defcon doesn't just cost 80 bucks. Plane fair, time off from work, hotel fees etc need to be considered. And no, The ATM presentation wasn't good. The old man that was up there starting talking about fire axes and fork lifts as a way to exploit ATMs. And hey, he told us not to use ATMs in wierd spaces. This was a good one, buy one on ebay and put it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Falln
                              Defcon doesn't just cost 80 bucks. Plane fair, time off from work, hotel fees etc need to be considered. And no, The ATM presentation wasn't good. The old man that was up there starting talking about fire axes and fork lifts as a way to exploit ATMs. And hey, he told us not to use ATMs in wierd spaces. This was a good one, buy one on ebay and put it somewhere.
                              Good. Be disgruntled and don't come next year. One less person to fight for a seat in the talks.
                              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                                Good. Be disgruntled and don't come next year. One less person to fight for a seat in the talks.
                                That's exactly what I plan to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X