Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DefCon14 BCCC signup thread

Originally posted by hackajar
    What if your over 21 but don't want to use beer? Will this effect the outcome of your project and points received?
    Over 21, no beer, but at Defcon? I think if you so that, a significant portion of the Universe will implode.

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
      What if your over 21 but don't want to use beer? Will this effect the outcome of your project and points received?
      i will not stop a contestant from participating in whatever way makes them happiest... but since flavor is part of the game (remember... contraptions are supposed to be engineered in a way that doesn't produce an off-taste to the final beer) it will be harder to judge since non-alcoholic beers are often not outstanding.

also, i can be in no way held responsible if passers-by call participants pussies or lightweights or any other shit should they be over 21 and not drinking at defcon.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Is there a timeframe for the contest yet?

Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by bryan
          Is there a timeframe for the contest yet?
          i will be in the outdoor area setting up and having fun with people starting around noon or so on friday, but official entries etc. will not start being tested until maybe 12:30. we will definitely be there until 13:30 or maybe 14:00 since some participants are giving a talk at noon. real casual atmosphere... just come by and have fun!
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Short notice, but sign me up.

Comment

Working...
            X