Better lanyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
    The problem is there is currently no way to be sure that someone with a black badge doesn't just keep coming back every hour and getting a new human badge. Short of punching a hole in the black badge for each year attended, I'm not sure how to solve this problem.
    Perhaps setting a small number aside to be collected at the end (or near end) of the con?
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

How about having black badge holders pick up a souvenir badge after Defcon is over? That way it will have no admission value.

Assuming we don't run out of badges.

Comment

Good idea!

Originally posted by astcell
        How about having black badge holders pick up a souvenir badge after Defcon is over? That way it will have no admission value.

Assuming we don't run out of badges.
        Not a bad aidea! We can set asside a small batch of badges and see how many people take advantage of it. Thanks guys!
        PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Not a bad aidea! We can set asside a small batch of badges and see how many people take advantage of it. Thanks guys!
          Just make sure to let the reg staff know to tell black badge persons that they can collect a badge after con. Alternatly, put something in the program (you did RTFP did'nt you??)
          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

i personally worry about breaking my black badge and losing it. render and i won ours at DefCon 12... that year the badges were mighty thin plastic and had precious little reinforcement up at the top where the lanyard slips through. carrying this badge with me to future defcons years into the future had me concerned about it cracking. i've re-inforced it with some washers, etc. however so i suppose we'll be good to go for at least another decade or so.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

One person really CAN make a difference! my life has meaning now!
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Sounds good- I for one know I will be looking forward to this.

Comment

Along rendermans synopsis of badges and lanyards... of all badges to date my favorite is, hands-down, the DC10 Shield of Destruction. It served multiple purposes as a mirror, sun reflection device, electricity plug/cap remover, paper weight, boat anchor, Yagi enhancifier and general access ninja star.

> *

My existing collection of lanyards will suffice, in all honesty... although I'm sure collectors edition specials in the vender sections would be bought up .. as mentioned before, doohickies are teh hipxor. I know everybody really downs the black chain, but I still have mine and like it to this day. Much cooler around the next in Vegas heat than thick clothy objects.... and a few years later the paint has almost completely warn off into the perma war marks that encompass my fearsome face and neck. ninja .. ninja rap
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

the black ring around the neck didnt really bother me either. with the level of BO, rum fumes, and day old clothes on, i cant say the black neck thing was the straw that scared off the hot women. (perfect 10 hot, not desert heat hot)
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

This weekend I tried putting my DEFCON badges (dating from DC5) in a frame. I thought it would look cool. It didn't.
                      --BC,

Comment

I think the paint transferring black chain was the closest to goth I have ever been.

Comment

i thaught that having sex with a dead bat was the most goth thing you've done....
                          the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                            Great, now DT is going to track us all with active RFID tags....

Maybe we all need to get the tinfoil underwear now...
                            Dunno, I have been looking at these RFID name badges for another project, it would help break the ice with those pale looking shut-ins from the datacenter...
                            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                              i thaught that having sex with a dead bat was the most goth thing you've done....
                              If I didn't take a picture of it, it didn't happen.

Comment

Programmable RFID badges that allow you to reference an alias/url/business card info on a public con server/database based on login. When you use your PDA to read the persons RFID, it links up and downloads their public info into your contacts...

Then hook up some antennas throughout the hotel associated to specific GPS coords, tie them to a layout map of the hotel floors. When the RFID comes into proximity of the antenna, judge their general location and velocity based on signal strength. Heh.. could be made into a Wifi Shortgame for the manhunt oh, wait... damn, simpsons did it.

I think the next innovation for that contest would be a functioning trasporter for the running man .. that way the runner once found could be transported to a random selection of preset locations, points would be scored for the folks finding them but the game would continue to go on until their new location was also discovered. I call it.. Where's Waldo, Scotty?
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X