No announcement yet.

Better lanyards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we do RFID we won't need security guards checking for badges.

And it will solve the problem of the black badge holders too.

Comment

... right ... because no one will think to track down a black badge with RFID and try to replicate it before next defcon...?
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
        ... right ... because no one will think to track down a black badge with RFID and try to replicate it before next defcon...?
        With the black badge holders, the RFID tag goes under their skin.

Comment

If we had RFID badges with maps and overlay of positions, then we could simulate a game of pong by having a line of people move forward and backwards while another person bounces off the walls.

Also, the Scavenger Hunt could include using such a map/overlay to make an image or spell something out with dots, and take a picture.

Comment

Sell your soul to the Dark Tangent ... get into Defcon free for life? ... possibly an equitable idea.

brought to you by the rules of aquisition, numbers 4, 25, and 33.

Comment

Sell your soul to the Dark Tangent ... get into Defcon free for life? ... possibly an equitable idea.

brought to you by the rules of aquisition, numbers 4, 25, and 33.
              Using Google to find a page to decipher this:
              (Page)

3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
              25: There's always a way out.
              33: It never hurts to suck up to the boss.

Hmm. Really? (heh heh)

Comment

according to the list I was referencing, 4 and 25 don't exist. Appearantly every 'complete list' out there is really just a bunch of stuff that people feel like posting and not the actual list compilation .. shrug

--edit: Cot, just saw this at the bottom of the list you checked

"Some of these rules came from the Internet Competition, "The Rules of Netquisition""

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  With the black badge holders, the RFID tag goes under their skin.
                  I would imagine that tracking down the badge (which tends to be watched closely/locked away) is more difficult than tracking down the badge owner (which tends to be open to bribes of the alcoholic nature).

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                  If we had RFID badges with maps and overlay of positions, then we could simulate a game of pong by having a line of people move forward and backwards while another person bounces off the walls.
                  We've done it in years past, why stop now?

Comment

--edit: Cot, just saw this at the bottom of the list you checked ....
                    "Some of these rules came from the Internet Competition, "The Rules of Netquisition""
                    Yep. They made up some of the rules. The first page I found did not have rules of acquisition to cover the 3 you cited, so I kept looking until I found a page that had something. Mostly, I just wanted to see how many weird rules I might be able to quote so make it funnier.
                    3: Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to.
                    Is actually on-topic (soul for lifetime access?)

25: There's always a way out.
                    This was not as funny. I guess something could be worked into being with a fire exit, but it seems to need more work.

Of course this one was on other lists and was appropriate:
                    33: It never hurts to suck up to the boss.

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                    We've done it in years past, why stop now?
                    Yeah, but this year, we have more space, so the [vendor|game|presentation|*] area will feel less like a game of pong.

Comment

The lanyards have always been pretty good. I don't know what the deal is with you sweaty freaks getting black necks. A programmable scrolling LED would be awesome though. :)

<marquee>urmomlol</marquee>

:D
                      cows like candy

Comment

Originally posted by veruus
                        The lanyards have always been pretty good. I don't know what the deal is with you sweaty freaks getting black necks. A programmable scrolling LED would be awesome though. :)

<marquee>urmomlol</marquee>

:D
                        if you didnt get a black neck, then you wern't really there! poser!
                        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Oh how I hated handing out those black ball-chain lanyards. I went so far as having house keeping bring towels up to the registration desk to pre-wife off as much of the paint as possible.

Other than that ONE year.. I believe all the others I have handed out have been nice.

*never actualy USED one.. used the previous years*

tw

Comment

I thought the black rub off paint was a part of an evil plan, because a day or two later you got to see where people would put these chains at night.

Comment

i liked the ones we had last year, wasn't to sweaty and the material was soft.
                              "Knowledge is not truth, just mindless agreement."
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Better Lanyards - What about getting a style that includes the break away feature on top of lanyard? Too many times I "got into a situation" where the thing tugged in a direction my body was not intending on going.
                                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                                X