iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iPhone

Guess I'm just an overzealous fan of convergence. At least, more of a fan than converge. The irony...

People have been gossiping about 3 Apple products forever:
    - An OS X tablet computer
    - A touchscreen/widescreen video iPod
    - An iPod/phone combination

Apple delivered on all three, at once. I'm guessing the iPhone is using Intel's LPIA architecture, which would likely make it one of the most powerful low power mobile devices on the face of the earth.

But more than that, looking at various Smartphones I've always been disappointed by the interface. I've been looking for something to replace my RAZR v3 and have been considering the Q, but now there's more options on the table.

One of the big motivating factors for me is communicating with people through multiple media. For example, if I'm having trouble getting ahold of someone I may contact them by e-mail, voice mail, and text message. It's nice having all three on a single device (which I have already with the RAZR, although Gmail for the RAZR sucks), and I think that's the direction the whole mobile experience is headed.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Comment

All the cool phones have cameras in them and that means I can't have that one...

Comment

Yeah, I haven't been the mood for swapping SIMs every day, so my cameraphone just stays in my car. It's probably not worth my $500 for something that's going to do that.

Comment

Apple looks like idiots naming it the iPhone when Cisco (1) already trademarked the name iPhone in 2000 and (2) has a VOIP phone called "iPhone.

The lawsuit has already been filed.
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
            bwa wha whaat?? ..but.. everyone knows Jobs owns the letter 'i' prefix !?!?
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

An Apple executive told BBC they where confident they'd win the case, but Cisco also has a giant budget seeing as they're the biggest networking solution manufacturer in the world.

Also I found out what makes the Iphone different from my 2 year old Ericsson cinguler. It has a gyro inside that flips the menus, and images. My Ericsson was a budgeted model too. but it has touchscreen, and all that crayness.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                everyone knows Jobs owns the letter 'i' prefix
                heh, reminds me of the old chesnut... the Apple iProduct
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

I think Nintendo should come out with a wiiPhone. It ships with a remote to dial calls by drawing numbers in the air.. with optional nunchuck that allows you to swing various gestures to form SMS text. An optional button pad could be purchased as well.. but who would want that?
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by VAX_to_PBX View Post
                    An Apple executive told BBC they where confident they'd win the case, but Cisco also has a giant budget seeing as they're the biggest networking solution manufacturer in the world.
                    This from the same company that mispelled McIntosh (the apples, and the company) to Macintosh (the computer) to avoid trademark/copyright issues...
                    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at the end of the licensing talks and beginning of the lawsuit. This is definitely one of the times when the attorneys for both sides are the clear winners.

That being said, I'll probably pick an iPhone up when it comes out. I've been waiting on pay-as-you-go plans for a while to figure out what carrier Apple would go with. My excitement has been tempered by the announcement that there will be no (official) third party software allowed.
                      jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                        I think Nintendo should come out with a wiiPhone. It ships with a remote to dial calls by drawing numbers in the air.. with optional nunchuck that allows you to swing various gestures to form SMS text. An optional button pad could be purchased as well.. but who would want that?
                        And the marketing practically writes itself

Take a Wii in your hand!

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

In regards to the lawsuit, I have seen some discussion over on financial forums that basically Cisco positioned themselves the way they did because they knew Apple was going to go with the 'iphone' name. And it looks like thats probably the case as Cisco has already offered to drop the lawsuit if Apple shares its technology in some of its products with Cisco

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                            Apple looks like idiots naming it the iPhone when Cisco (1) already trademarked the name iPhone in 2000 and (2) has a VOIP phone called "iPhone.

Hmmm makes me wonder, if you can trademark "iPhone" maybe someone needs to get out there and snag "eMail."

Comment

As much as Chris likes Apple, I'm sure he's got one on order ;)

Comment

The local paper, the Burlington Free Press, carried a story on it this morning calling it the "i(can't)Phone". It seems that Cingular service isn't available here. No Cingular, no iPhone. The local Apple fanatics are all crying in their beers.
                                Thorn
                                "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Working...
                                X