X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flyman
    replied
    Re: BBQ Update

I also saw that you guys need someone with a Sam's Club membership, is this still true? In addition, we have a Business Sam's Club Membership card (NO ID needed) and I can bring a bunch of people in with me and claim they are with my restaurant...

Leave a comment:

• flyman
    replied

Hello,

I own a Barbecue restaurant here in Las Vegas (BBQ Shak; http://www.bbqshak.com) and was wondering if we were permitted to take part in this event as well?

If yes, is their any special requirements and are we allowed to semi-same day smoke our meats (It takes hours for our meats to successfully finish smoking) and then bring them and cook them on location? Also how much food is required and is it for the public to sample or special judges?

In addition, are you having any food vendors (For profit) that are Barbecue related? If we are allowed, what permits must be obtained?

Thanks,
    Lance
    CEO/A&M Supervisor - BBQ Shak

Leave a comment:

• L0nd0
    replied

||Update||

Our location for the BBQ is a go, I was able to get the area rented out from the park which should work out for us. I am going to update this post in a bit with extra details on better places to park and the actual location.

kthxbye

-oh and I need to get an idea of who is helping out this year with the bbq so if you could msg, call, or txt me that would be awesome.

Leave a comment:

• logzen
    replied

I’ll help anyone needing breaks from the grill.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

Tips of forewarned super-soaker hosing, cold water, and some cold beer helps. I thought I was going to have a goddamn heat stroke last year. Anyone willing to provide breaks from the grill would be a big help in my book!

Leave a comment:

• DJ Jackalope
    replied

Originally posted by dc0de View Post
    Godminusone cooked my Ribeyes, and did an AMAZING job of preparing them with an awesome dry rub, and cooked them perfectly.

Please remember to respect and tip your cooks. (bringing them beer and water helps.)
    These guys are AWESOME grill masters, so yes, definitely tip them in beer and backrubs and all sorts of things!

Leave a comment:

• russ
    replied

mmmm, food!

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
    I currently plan to have a rental car there and would be happy to take a load of food back to the goons.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied

Can you add me to the bbq mailist...

-Dallas

Originally posted by [Syntax] View Post
    Shortly after last con, I did a remake of the Toxic BBQ website, its all ready to go, just lacking details as far as time, place, ect.. Past info that was still relevant has been move over into the new site. Assuming you guys still have the login info from last year, accounts are still valid and you should be able to login to update content.

The T-shirts were somewhat a bust last year.. I still have a box of them. So hopefully some of them left over will go this year.

Leave a comment:

• dc0de
    replied

Originally posted by lil_freak View Post
    Some folks bring steaks, but I'll let someone who has brought steaks in the past let you know what they did or what happened.
    As a Goon of several years, I attended my 1st TBBQ last year. I also brought some steaks, a case of beer, a bag of charcoal (don't forget charcoal for the grill), some paper plates and plastic cutlery.

Godminusone cooked my Ribeyes, and did an AMAZING job of preparing them with an awesome dry rub, and cooked them perfectly. If you bring steaks, be prepared to WAIT for the cooks to get to them, as they are working on some very large grills, with approximately 20-30 lbs of meat over the fire at any time. Please remember to respect and tip your cooks. (bringing them beer and water helps.)

Lastly, I have an idea for the TBBQ committee, the guys who cooked last year were really getting cooked (no pun intended) by the heat output of the grills. Someone should find some aluminized aprons, or nomex aprons to keep the heat off of them...

Something like: http://www.professionalequipment.com...2ar/coveralls/

Leave a comment:

• burncycle
    replied

I'm very much in as well. I'll need a ride from the Riv though.

Leave a comment:

• ck3k
    replied

I have been gone a long time, but count me in.

Leave a comment:

• DaKahuna
    replied

Originally posted by VanSmaq View Post

And just to make sure the goons get fed, we will fix up a tray to take back to the Riv. Is there anyone who can assist us in getting that food to them?
    I currently plan to have a rental car there and would be happy to take a load of food back to the goons.

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

Originally posted by dogten View Post
    Wasn't part of the problem last year that we did not have some type of permit for a public gathering?
    Yup, that is what is being worked on resolving at tbbq central.

Also of note from prior comment, I don't believe feeding the goons is 100% payoff.. being an asshat will still bring their wrath, but sending them booze and food makes them less likely to single you out as a squeak toy.

Leave a comment:

• dogten
    replied

Wasn't part of the problem last year that we did not have some type of permit for a public gathering?

Leave a comment:

• VanSmaq
    replied

Myself and the other members from Titanium Chef's Team Smoke will be supplying some Smoked Pork Ribs and Chicken. We are planning on doing about 20 racks of ribs and 10 yard birds so there will be more than enough food to go around for anyone who wants to try it.

And just to make sure the goons get fed, we will fix up a tray to take back to the Riv. Is there anyone who can assist us in getting that food to them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X