X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astcell
    replied
    Re: BBQ Update

Feeding goons is a great way to buy insurance for your stay at Defcon. (Google "Androcles and the lion")
    They remember the hand that feeds them.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Feeding goons is a great way to buy insurance for your stay at Defcon! (Google "Androcles and the lion")

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied

Originally posted by awh View Post
    I'll be new to the BBQ and DC this year, so I don't have past experience to guide my questions:

- What food runs out first? What's the highest demand?
    Depends on what you bring and what your willing to share. Most people bring hamburgers, brats, and dogs. My group normally brings the above the items along with buns, don't forget buns. We always bring extra so others that might not have brought enough can still enjoy some food, plus the leftover goodies get taken back for the Goons who had to work during the BBQ.

Some folks bring steaks, but I'll let someone who has brought steaks in the past let you know what they did or what happened.

- How long does the BBQ last for?
    Till the police show up and kick us out of the park or we leave on our own, which ever one happens first.

Leave a comment:

• awh
    replied

I'll be new to the BBQ and DC this year, so I don't have past experience to guide my questions:

- What food runs out first? What's the highest demand?
    - How long does the BBQ last for?

Leave a comment:

• AcidicA
    replied

Call them "Duressed"

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

Be sure to put last year's t-shirts on the grill for the proper burn marks. Then charge extra for doing so.

Leave a comment:

• [Syntax]
    replied

Shortly after last con, I did a remake of the Toxic BBQ website, its all ready to go, just lacking details as far as time, place, ect.. Past info that was still relevant has been move over into the new site. Assuming you guys still have the login info from last year, accounts are still valid and you should be able to login to update content.

The T-shirts were somewhat a bust last year.. I still have a box of them. So hopefully some of them left over will go this year.

Leave a comment:

• lil_freak
    replied

Originally posted by che View Post
    I'm in the same boat.. busy as hell but please make sure I am on the list (And yes, I'm still alive!). I will help out where I can.
    Add me to the boat as well. After May 16th I'll have more time away from work, so I'll be more apt to getting on irc and the forums.

Leave a comment:

• Gadsden
    replied

I'm in the same boat.. busy as hell but please make sure I am on the list (And yes, I'm still alive!). I will help out where I can.

Originally posted by converge View Post
    i pretty much haven't gotten my act together yet, and I know londo has been pre-occupied with life. godminus is so busy I haven't seen him around the ether for ages .. but we'll get there :) so no lists or concalls quite yet.

to my knowledge the current location state is same spot as last year, if not a better spot than last year.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    We can use the same excuse then.
    totally.

"we have no idea what all that fuss is about, officers. we just saw a bunch of people dancing in a circle around a pit of fire and hacking at a large moose. oh, these grills? well, we wouldn't want the meat to go to waste now, would we?"

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

We can use the same excuse then.

Leave a comment:

• Deviant Ollam
    replied

Originally posted by astcell View Post
    I just watched Apocalypse Now and had a great idea. Can we chop up a cow on the spot?
    you know that water buffalo was actually killed during the shoot? that wasn't any special effect or prop mock-up... the crew just happened to be in the locals' village when they were performing a seasonal ritual and caught it all on film.

Leave a comment:

• astcell
    replied

I just watched Apocalypse Now and had a great idea. Can we chop up a cow on the spot?

Leave a comment:

• Siviak
    replied

Siviak has been busy too, but that guy is a douchebag and I say we count him out!

Leave a comment:

• converge
    replied

i pretty much haven't gotten my act together yet, and I know londo has been pre-occupied with life. godminus is so busy I haven't seen him around the ether for ages .. but we'll get there :) so no lists or concalls quite yet.

to my knowledge the current location state is same spot as last year, if not a better spot than last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X