I want your ideas and input!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I want your ideas and input!!!

I hope the forums meet ends up being a party, but I have one possible concern.

While it won't effect any regular I can think of, if we have alcohol we will have to check ID's at the door, correct?
    The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
      I hope the forums meet ends up being a party, but I have one possible concern.

While it won't effect any regular I can think of, if we have alcohol we will have to check ID's at the door, correct?

That's another reason that I am thinking BYOB would work. I think (and I may be incorrect on this so someone with more knowledge can weigh in) that we would only have to check IDs if we are serving/providing alcohol.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        That's another reason that I am thinking BYOB would work. I think (and I may be incorrect on this so someone with more knowledge can weigh in) that we would only have to check IDs if we are serving/providing alcohol.
        To be fair, there may be those who are under 21, who should be allowed in. If BYOB works, and we can make sure the kiddies dont drink, that might be better. There may be legal concerns for Defcon if we mix kiddies and alcohol, not sure, I would defer to those who have to deal with the legal issues.

I dont see how it would be bad however, if as suggested, we just BYOB, I mean, it is Vegas. As such, I may BYOB in the form of a Keg or other significant amount of beverage and share. (Bug Sprayer..), if approved.

Per...: Boys are 'tards. Sometimes exceptionally witty, but 'tards none the less. :-)

True..very true..
        +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
          To be fair, there may be those who are under 21, who should be allowed in. If BYOB works, and we can make sure the kiddies dont drink, that might be better. There may be legal concerns for Defcon if we mix kiddies and alcohol, not sure, I would defer to those who have to deal with the legal issues.

I dont see how it would be bad however, if as suggested, we just BYOB, I mean, it is Vegas. As such, I may BYOB in the form of a Keg or other significant amount of beverage and share. (Bug Sprayer..), if approved.

Per...: Boys are 'tards. Sometimes exceptionally witty, but 'tards none the less. :-)

True..very true..
          I am pretty sure BYOB with a keg will not work. The hotel will end up dicking us over and charging a corkage fee or requiring us to use their bartender to dispense it to us...or both.

But walking up with a six pack shouldn't be a problem. Shit, buy it at their ABC store and show them the receipt if they get snippy.

Comment

I am pretty sure BYOB with a keg will not work.
            Yeah, security got a bit uppity about me carrying a keg around on my back. Heh. BYOB in small form factor shouldn't be an issue though. They shouldn't stop a bunch of people just congregating and drinking together.

Turning the meet into a party, while a great idea on many levels, would likely cause problems with the riv wanting money from it. Like Chris brought up, they would want a corkage fee or want us to pay one of their bartenders to be on-site.

Now, using a setup like the 23b mobile party rig last year would make things easier. Less to no setup time, a central area with music, and have everyone carrying around their own alcohol supply.
            Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

Originally posted by Salem View Post
              ... have everyone carrying around their own alcohol supply.
              And the drunken Camelbak was born... :)
              The dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia View Post
                And the drunken Camelbak was born... :)
                So what exactly was I carrying? The Kegglebak? Hah, I am easily amused.

But back on topic. Yes, Camelbaks full of alcohol were discussed last year. Still a great idea. Fill the bladder with premixed drinks of some sort and you have your own little bar. For the people who enjoy sharing, dont drink from the hose. Instead use the hose to pour cocktails for people.
                Of course its fully cooked... we had it set on "linen".

Comment

It'd be really cool if the forum meet didn't switch rooms at the last minute :)
                  45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                  45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                  [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                    It'd be really cool if the forum meet didn't switch rooms at the last minute :)

That's part of the fun. It's actually the Forum Meet Challenge. If you can't find the room you fail and aren't wanted there.

Comment

I don't think there should be some bizarre 1337mus test to be able to attend. Realistically, aside from wearing a forum badge that you make yourself I don't think there should be any other requirement for entry (and even then I am not 100% sure we want to make ANY requirement for entry).

That said, I agree with those that have already posted, if you don't know people by being an active member of the forums prior to Con I doubt you'll have much interest or fun...unless there's beer. Sweet, glorious beer.
                      Perhaps no requirement is a good idea, but a forum badge, just to id yourself and sweet, glorious beer... as a suggestion, not a requirement...

Just planting seeds.
                      "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

/me hugs everyone for the ideas, suggestions, and everything else.

Okay, so here's what I'm up too: I've taken everyone's posts and have started to make a large brain-storm map, I've also added some past ideas from forum posts years ago and am making arrangements. So stay tuned and if you have anything else you come up with please continue to share those right here.
                        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Everyone would should just bring vodka-infused gummy bears.

Take that Riv's corkage fee! *smirks*

Comment

Is that even possible? I mean, I'd like to see it. But is it possible?

I would think it would not absorb.

Originally posted by Ne0nRa1n View Post
                            Everyone would should just bring vodka-infused gummy bears.

Take that Riv's corkage fee! *smirks*
                            +++ Dallas +++

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                              Is that even possible? I mean, I'd like to see it. But is it possible?

I would think it would not absorb.
                              I'm working on something right now, we'll see how well this turns out.

/me has gone mad with her gummy maker!!! and she blames Ne0nRain
                              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

If alcoholic candies are in the works I may try my hand at making these things:
                                Vodka Pills in 24hrs
                                The dude abides.

Comment

Working...
                                X