Well Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astcell
    The t-shirt sellers ought to stop throwing the shirts out for free now and then and hold out for the flashers like at Mardi Gras!
    Hmmmm, now only if we can get one of those c02 tshirt launchers... with a cross-hair...

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave

Hmmmm, now only if we can get one of those c02 tshirt launchers... with a cross-hair...

I was somewhere... I don't remember where..
      but they were "launching" shirts into the audience
      what they did was, they had a sort of sling shot type dealy..
      where two guys would hold it, one on one end, and then the 3rd guy had the shirt and would pull it back and let er rip

watching random objects being projectiled through the air is entertaining enough w/o having a purpose for the act, so yea it was great

perhaps the t-shirt flingers this year can get some bungee cords andor some sort of elastic something or other and rig something like that up eh, might be cheaper than the c02...

anyways I lost my train of thought.. oh well

-b
      it's like a hot dog, only not.

Comment

Originally posted by bikinigurl

perhaps the t-shirt flingers this year can get some bungee cords andor some sort of elastic something or other and rig something like that up eh, might be cheaper than the c02...

There are always options... though I think the AP ceilings are damaged enough from richocheting swag...

The Mach 1 Launcher
        http://www.evolvepromotions.com/pages/mach.html

MoboBlaster Confetti/T-Shirt Cannon Kit.
        http://www.balloonco.com/2go/balloon...nnon.main.html

Parade Bazooka
        http://www.aclassactfx.com/bazooka.htm

http://www.t-shirtlauncher.com/index.html

Comment

please.. don't steal the lightbulbs again...

I think the AP ceilings are damaged enough from richocheting swag...
          true true..
          I keep forgetting who we're talking about here..

I've been listening to the lectures from last year to sorta get a feel for what it'll be like in a way..
          seriously! like the 4th or 3rd one (now I don't know how they were determined to be in this order) has like the guy coming around interupting the lectures like all
          <paraphrase>
          you guys are hosers, seriously! one would think that the maturity level would be up higher than to go around stealing light bulbs and the like.. but obviously not, we would have expected you to be hacking x instead of stealing soap dispensers...
          </paraphrase>
          I was like omg! why on earth?! ...

and although I found it quasi funny, I was rather surprised
          my impression of how dc will be keeps changing w/ every new thing i read/hear...
          I know that it's not going to be anything like I'm expecting, and will be probably very surprised...

-b
          it's like a hot dog, only not.

Comment

Re: please.. don't steal the lightbulbs again...

Originally posted by bikinigurl
            I know that it's not going to be anything like I'm expecting, and will be probably very surprised...
            DT and/or Priest usually grace us with a few lectures throughout the con about dorks who are doing stupid things and expect not to get caught...

... and about the expectations...
            Muhahaha... you are very correct. :) <evil echo in the background>
            Last edited by blackwave; July 10, 2002, 01:29.

Comment

I remember Priest at one of the meetings giving a speech that he was wondering how long we would act like adults, and of course we did not let him down with our antics. Then he made us happy again by outing two NSA dudes.

Comment

I remember Priest at one of the meetings giving a speech that he was wondering how long we would act like adults, and of course we did not let him down with our antics. Then he made us happy again by outing two NSA dudes.
                Priest is one hilarious mo to the fo. I remember the first time I saw him telling everyone to stop being idiots... or when he replies to the crowd... excellent and humorous demeanor. I especially love the emphasis on his usage of the word "Sir":)

Comment

Priest is one hilarious mo to the fo. I remember the first time I saw him telling everyone to stop being idiots... or when he replies to the crowd... excellent and humorous demeanor. I especially love the emphasis on his usage of the word "Sir":)
                  That might be part of the problems... Maybe some people just act like idiots just to get Priest to do a funny speech!
                  /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm

That might be part of the problems... Maybe some people just act like idiots just to get Priest to do a funny speech!
                    Also nothing beats when Priest does spot-the-fed and helps interrogate the suspected fed. Though the people I suspect always suck.

Comment

Also nothing beats when Priest does spot-the-fed and helps interrogate the suspected fed. Though the people I suspect always suck.
                      Who do you end up picking out, the poolman? :D

Comment

Who do you end up picking out, the poolman?
                        Possibly.... I think that I ask the wrong questions, and it just sucks from there...

Comment

You gotta be smooth, suave, lead them down the garden path, then get them cornered. I guess you don't get a shirt if you're wrong?

Comment

You gotta be smooth, suave, lead them down the garden path, then get them cornered. I guess you don't get a shirt if you're wrong?
                            Oh yeah if you fail to Spot the Fed you get two things, and in this order:
                            Jack
                            -and-
                            Shit

:) Also the feeling of lameness...

The easiest way to spot them is that they all hang out together... but you need to prove that they are, or they have to admit that they are... and picking their pockets isn't the way to go with that idea.

Comment

Picking their pockets may work, but geting handcuffs slapped on you would be a sure giveaway. Contrary to what TV shows teach, they do not have to admit to who they are either.

Hey that confetti launcher, I wonder if it can handle paint balloons, mmmmm.

Comment

they do not have to admit to who they are either.
                                Yeah the easiest giveaway is on the first day that someone spots a fed, see who that guy hangs out with... then try to find out more about who they are... like if you hear a name or something... from there it could be SE all the way... of course it could get a little gray... but there have been people that have not admitted to anything... and therefore was not spotted by technicality.

Comment

Working...
                                X