No announcement yet.

Death of Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

though we have to agree that buag users are too barbaric..

Comment

I constantly correct grammar in IRC, much to the dismay of those poor people whose brains aren't wired quite right for proper written communications.

It's just a peeve, but a genuine one.
      #ut2600 / #dc-forums | EFNet

Comment

My peeve is the folks who do not know the difference between 99 cents and .99 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          My peeve is the folks who do not know the difference between 99 cents and .99 cents.
          I had a similar problem when demanding 50,000.00 US dollars from a couple of Albanians. :(

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
            I love that peeve, I have it installed as well..

Comment

IRL i studied for 4 years as an english major.
              this is the forum, not a buisness desk. i (we) just don't care.

so stop acting like a bitchy little prick and shut the fuck up about the way everyone types!

go away and die!
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I think that on forms it is not neccesary to use correct grammar or spelling. As long as you get your point across it is fine. A paper at work is about the only time you need to have good gramar

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                  go away and die!
                  Wise words. More people should practice what they preach.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                    IRL i studied for 4 years as an english major.
                    this is the forum, not a buisness desk. i (we) just don't care.

so stop acting like a bitchy little prick and shut the fuck up about the way everyone types!

go away and die!

I am an asshole, not a prick. If you are going to call me something, atleast GET IT RIGHT.
                    Last edited by ; December 20, 2002, 00:51.

Comment

Originally posted by jetforce4004
                      ... have good gramar

That's grammar. ;)

Comment

Its possible that he was just trying to reiterate his point by using bad grammar. I think the question we should each ask is: Can you understand the message that the other is trying to get across?? If you can answer that question with yes, then quit trying to make someone else feel bad. The truth is that most of us are just too lazy to type out everything. I dont think we are being graded on this.. are we?

Comment

neo, there is no grammar

... though I do agree that it is most difficult to read something that someone wrote that does not make any sense even when trying to perceive what they were saying...

... personally I think people should stop playing their xboxes and ps2's and pick up a piece of literature and read once and while, reading will always help writing skills...

... otherwise if today's generation wishes not to study the language they wish to speak, they must be prepared to be made fun of; for it is the nature of the human to drive the cripple-minded away so they do not disease the rest with lazy-speak... darwin baby... darwin.

Comment

... personally I think people should stop playing their xboxes and ps2's and pick up a piece of literature and read once and while, reading will always help writing skills...
                            I definately agree!

... though I do agree that it is most difficult to read something that someone wrote that does not make any sense even when trying to perceive what they were saying...
                            I do agree with that as well, but here, these assholes are nitpicking. I believe that if something is readable, then just fucking deal with it.

Comment

come get some!

Originally posted by sparkles
                              I do agree with that as well, but here, these assholes are nitpicking. I believe that if something is readable, then just fucking deal with it.
                              ... Our freedoms to speak out allow us to say whatever we want, whether it is questionable, immoral, and/or unethical in the eyes of another... sure there are assholes, dicks, pricks, cunts, bitches all over the place... but without such a variety of people it would be goddamned boring as hell...

... you know sometimes people have nothing else to do but bitch about other people ... these are the people I just watch waste their life away. People can say whatever they want, if I don't like it I can easily ignore it... ignore it enough and the problem goes away by itself... words are words, this lifetime is too short to worry about what people think... fuck'em ...

... if someone just wants to write about something, they have to be prepared either way for what the audience reciprocate with, good or bad ... move forward, not backward ...

... One thing that I do that pisses off some jackasses is use "..." ... so the-fuck-what? :)

Comment

words are words, this lifetime is too short to worry about what people think... fuck'em ...
                                BW has it right, why should you waste your time stressing about what people think about you.
                                if someone says something that is a lie then why stress on it if its not true. if it is the truth then why stress on it period. but then again the truth hurts most people. i figure if you aint paying my bills i could give a rats ass what you think about me.
                                "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Working...
                                X