Cost and Age Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gr3y t0qu3
    Thnx to everyone, from the support i'm seeing i'm sure through donations and work i could save up enough money. The only problem is i need an adult to go with me, and well, my parents don't want to spring for Las Vegas, as were not doing too well financially at the moment, there's me and 2 other people that i know personially in my area that want to go to defcon, for all of us the problem is we need an adult, and i really don't know where i'll find one, lol But i will set up the PayPal fund, worst case senairo i'll have to put the money twords hope or def con in the next few years. I say hope because my parents said that we maby could go to NY next year and i could go to the con. They also said i would have a better chance at going because it is much closer. But i'm hopefully going to a con next year or the year after if not this year. Sigh....

So if anyone lives in NS and would be willing to be my guardian.... lol, plz...
    I really don't think anyone on here will be your guardian. Best shot is to find someone of age whom your family and or you know. And convince them to attend Defcon. Make a sales pitch them about it.

Comment

i know, there are no real family friends...... WAIT! my dad went to iti..... he dropped out though, anyway, there's a few guy's that he stayed in contact with that might actuailly have gone to defcon or would like to go to defcon..... i'll try them :) w00t w00t!

/me sings "i have a chance, i have a chance!"
      Gr3y

Comment

i know, there are no real family friends...... WAIT! my dad went to iti..... he dropped out though, anyway, there's a few guy's that he stayed in contact with that might actuailly have gone to defcon or would like to go to defcon..... i'll try them :) w00t w00t!

/me sings "i have a chance, i have a chance!"
        Good Luck, try to think of a Back-Up plan as well.

Comment

I am 15, and I went to defcon last year, and it was a blast. I had like 300 after the BUS trip (eck) for food/i stayed in a hotel with some of my friends/and defcon swaggy/and caffeine and i ended out ok. I need to bring more, so i can buy some cool computer shit. Anyway...yeah
          "DJ JACKALOPE IS MY HERO"

Comment

Heh, all the ~15 year old folks posting here shoulda been around for DC7. You guys coulda gone after the girls dance team convention thing that was going on at the AP the same time as the 'con.

I still remember all the parents of those kids looking on in horror when Defcon got into full swing. Wow.
            I like my women like I like my coffee. Thrown into a burlap sack, slung over the back of a mule, and then taken back to my kitchen to be burned, crushed, and scalded with hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              Heh, all the ~15 year old folks posting here shoulda been around for DC7. You guys coulda gone after the girls dance team convention thing that was going on at the AP the same time as the 'con.

I still remember all the parents of those kids looking on in horror when Defcon got into full swing. Wow.
              That's actually been every year since the move to the Alexis. It ends right when we're getting there. This year's favourite quote was from one of those dance girls on Thursday, as I was walking past pool 1 with a few friends....

"Are y'all here for a film convention?"
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Yeah I actually talked to some of them at DC9. It's odd that they're there every year, since Defcon usually jumps around throughout the summer.
                .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                  Yeah I actually talked to some of them at DC9. It's odd that they're there every year, since Defcon usually jumps around throughout the summer.
                  It's a conspiracy, man!!

Added note... an old copy of Dance Spirit and some Google-fu led me to the Tremain Dance Conventions website, which shows that they will, indeed, be there right before us again (July 29-31). BUT... this is a bit disturbing... it shows them moving to the Flamingo!! I was so looking forward to our usual pre-con entertainment. *sigh*
                  Last edited by octalpus; January 18, 2003, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                    Added note... an old copy of Dance Spirit and some Google-fu led me to the Tremain Dance Conventions website, which shows that they will, indeed, be there right before us again (July 29-31). BUT... this is a bit disturbing... it shows them moving to the Flamingo!! I was so looking forward to our usual pre-con entertainment. *sigh*
                    Naw. The wedding party at DC8 was the shiz-o-nit, bar none. I'd almost feel bad if I were responsible for that marriage not lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
                      Naw. The wedding party at DC8 was the shiz-o-nit, bar none. I'd almost feel bad if I were responsible for that marriage not lasting.
                      The religious convention (DC8, I think?) was also amusing.

Comment

that whole wedding thing was definitly funny
                        There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

back to me :) for the person that was interested and anyone who would be willing to help i made a page where you can donate to me. Anything would be appreciated, it would mean allot to me, so i have a greater chance of being able to get there. So please help corrupt the mind of tomorrows leaders and support my effort to travel to defcon. I through the page together quickly so don't expect too much :P

*URL HAS BEEN REMOVED*

Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help, no amount is too small
                          Gr3y

Comment

back to me :) for the person that was interested and anyone who would be willing to help i made a page where you can donate to me. Anything would be appreciated, it would mean allot to me, so i have a greater chance of being able to get there. So please help corrupt the mind of tomorrows leaders and support my effort to travel to defcon. I through the page together quickly so don't expect too much :P

*URL HAS BEEN REMOVED*

I think you need to work out the whole parental consent bit first, before you start soliciting funds. Otherwise, people are donating in good faith towards your Defcon fund, just for your parents to tell you that you can't go. Then what? You have all this money, and you're not able to spend it on its intended purpose. Perhaps you should rethink this a bit. Talk to your parents. They aren't always as unreasonable as they seem.

Comment

*URL HAS BEEN REMOVED*

Anyone that donates to this crap is opening themselves up to a shitload of trouble. If you're parents aren't aware of what you are doing, this could easily be construed as contributing to the delinquency of a minor. If your parents do know, why aren't they footing the bill? I can tell you one thing, if they do know, and are allowing you to not only accept money from perfect strangers, but to accept it from adults who are helping you go across state lines without their supervision they are shitty parents.
                              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I gotta say, i deserved that, and the responce was lighting fast :). When you put it that way i agree, and its a combination of the two chris ;). No hard feelings anywhere,

talk to you all later hope to see you at a con,
                                Gr3y

Comment

Working...
                                X