• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renderman
    Best to make one of these:

http://www.irvineunderground.org/bla...adge-howto.htm

The Rest of us do
    ahhhh.... the memory of BW lives on......
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Making Friends- my experience

This'll be my third defcon. The first one I did the 'bring-laptop, attend sessions, wander aimlessly' thing, and it really didn't work out very well.

Last time I was more outgoing, and met a lot more friends. It was much-fun. I suggest you just be friendly, say 'Hi', and don't brag.

Of course, I gained momentarily popularity with the chugging-yogurt-out-of-a-female-condom thing. Various people kept giving me odd looks. Ugh. That still makes my stomach turn. I don't suggest that. *shudder*

Alcohol makes the world go 'round, too. Remember that :)

Comment

Originally posted by atari007
        ahhhh, so basically, ill just get a bunch of people to buy me some beer and ill have a bunch of people to hang with eh?
        No, people will not buy you beer, if you want people to hangout with you will need to buy them beer. You're new, no-one knows you, so why would we buy you beer?

heh, oh... and my wife is a model... and she will be with me.... maybe that will attract a few friends, eh? ;) hahaha
        I'm gay... So that's a big NO.

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
          ahhhh.... the memory of BW lives on......
          Forever:
          http://defcon.stotan.org/faq/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
            I'm down. Guinness, please :)
            Guinness it is then. :)

Originally posted by Noid
            I'll take a camelback full of Long Island Ice Tea or Cadillac Margaritas. ktnx
            I don't think so, at least not in a camelback.
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I'm down. Guinness, please :)
              Ya beat me to that one.. that is my preference as well! ;)
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                Ya beat me to that one.. that is my preference as well! ;)
                Yeah, but the Russian Stout was pretty damn good, too :)

Comment

Yeah, but the Russian Stout was pretty damn good, too :)
                  Glad you got to enjoy that one before they all were scarffed up.. I brought that one with you in mind.

I am going to have to get off my ass and get brewing, else I will not have any worth a shit this year.. :(
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

This'll be my first year of actually attending DC... been dreaming about it for years.

Anyway, I've got a pair of long-range 2.4Ghz directional antennas that I'm not using, but would be perfect for jumping on a wireless network from about 15 miles away! (That range could even be extended if the two antennas were used in tandem). They're helical design, (same as the Pringles can model) but they're about 5 times larger and are sealed in weatherproof cases that can be mounted to a mast, roof of a car, etc.

Would it be appropriate to bring something like this to DC to sell/swap/trade? Or would that attract too much attention?

I'm mainly coming to DC to hang out with you clowns, drink, be merry and have a good time, but if I can unload these ants that'd be nice too. Thoughts?
                    You heard me.

Comment

That's exactly the sort of stuff you will see at Defcon. To fit in better, you may want to build a helmet mount for them.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        To fit in better, you may want to build a helmet mount for them.
                        Dually noted. Hell, I didn't even think to mention the attached beer holder!

- Fr0$t "I got your wi-fi right here" S1mul4t3d
                        You heard me.

Comment

Originally posted by Neural
                          You could try to be over-the-top outgoing. One of the guys that stayed with me last year wanted to be introduced to this girl in the hot tub at the convention who was obviously not there for the convention. I told him I'll be his wingman and be the obnoxious drunk guy and hit on her and he could be the "Sorry about my friend" type. So I wander over with a very large Gin and Juice, sit on the edge of the hot tub and said "Hi. I'm neural.
                          That is not over the top outging, that's being a druken asshole henchman to an insecure, superficial wank whom is too much of a pussy to talk to a girl himself. I thought smacking a girl with my surfboard while surfing in Hawaii (it wasn't intentional! I swear!) was a brutal way to meet someone.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Alky, like I said, don't die before DC12!!!
                            If I get any slower then this...heh. Really looking forward to it. Will you be
                            at Quark's? And BW better show up, I was promised my Church of Wifi shirt
                            LAST year...(and it was not there).

Al
                            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

BW, if you read this, I want my schematic back for my .22 caliber Zippo lighter.

Comment

Before I forget

Highwizard, great job on the UFAQ.

Al
                                "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X