Making friends....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spahkle
    Just a thought, but when something is "blown", would that refer to something already broken like say... a "blown" tire.. or maybe a "blown" opportunity?

Maybe he just has some kinda nitrous setup so that it uh encrypts really quickly?
    Don't hurt me daddy!

Comment

Originally posted by che
      Or just look for him on the "Wall of Sheep".... :D
      And with that in mind, I wrote Ricky a song. He needed one.

Actually, I ripped off the Smithereens' Wall of Sleep for this, but the end result's the same.

Without any further ado, I present the Bastardtones' Wall of Sheep.

He had unencrypted sessions
      Running clear across the LAN
      Someone surely needs to give a clue
      To that foolish little man

There were at least eighty people
      All in the same damn room
      Capturing the IP traffic
      That would surely be his doom

Now I gag at posts on the forums
      From that guy who was 0wned
      And then I recall
      Him on the Wall of Sheep

Well he popped his email
      And chatted away on AIM
      Quietly the logins grow
      Collecting them was the game

With some photos pilfered from a
      Home directory somewhere
      An amusing plan was hatched
      To clearly show him his error

Now I balk at posts on the forums
      And then I recall
      Him on the Wall of Sheep

The projector was an LCD
      Its picture high and clear
      A commanding view for all
      That really went great with a beer

A couple hundred people saw
      Ricky's face up on the wall
      The logins were up on there too
      I wonder how he lived that down at all

Now I laugh at posts on the forums
      And then I recall
      Him on the Wall of Sheep

Next show's at 10. And yes, I could've done better but I ran this off in the last 20 minutes of the day. Sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
        And with that in mind, I wrote Ricky a song.
        Applause, applause. Guffaw, guffaw.
        Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

And with that in mind, I wrote Ricky a song. He needed one.
          Great song...

You know, I think I still have the picture we grabbed from his sniffed website, as well as a picture of him standing under the wall of sheep with his face on the wall above him. That was one of the greatest moments in "Wall of Sheep" history.

-RiVeRSiDE (Goon/Wall of Sheep)
          Encrypt, or you'll regret it in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by RiVeRSiDE
            You know, I think I still have the picture we grabbed from his sniffed website, as well as a picture of him standing under the wall of sheep with his face on the wall above him. That was one of the greatest moments in "Wall of Sheep" history.
            Heh. It certainly was one of the better ones I can remember.

-RiVeRSiDE (Goon/Wall of Sheep)
            Out of curiosity, how does the first part of that title work?

Comment

Heh. It certainly was one of the better ones I can remember.

Out of curiosity, how does the first part of that title work?
              Not very well when the other goon's don't back me. lol. I don't know who to talk to to get my forum title updated, but I gooned partially in DEF 8/9/10 and constantly last year. I orcristrated the wall of sheep.

-RiVeRSiDE

Comment

Ok i am just going to ask the question why it was sniffed, when thier was at least 2-3 profiles with that picture on it. Just wondering why go to the hassle of sniffing through the ip's and the webpages. Rather than just follow the link that had my profile on it?

Course it's just the difference of how everyone thinks. And does things i am sure.
                Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky1146
                  Ok i am just going to ask the question why it was sniffed, when thier was at least 2-3 profiles with that picture on it. Just wondering why go to the hassle of sniffing through the ip's and the webpages. Rather than just follow the link that had my profile on it?

Course it's just the difference of how everyone thinks. And does things i am sure.

We didn't just say "Oh look a gnat... let's grab his info from his profile and mess with him". The people sniffing were simply watching traffic patterns and you happened to be doing really stupid things on a hostile network (HTTP, POP, etc..). They pointed that out. That’s all. No initial intent to mess with anyone. You brought that upon yourself. :D You know you’re last years “sheep of the year”. Your expressions were priceless. By the way, who's "heather"? lol!!!!

-RiVeRSiDE

Comment

We didn't just say "Oh look a gnat... let's grab his info from his profile and mess with him". The people sniffing were simply watching traffic patterns and you happened to be doing really stupid things on a hostile network (HTTP, POP, etc..). They pointed that out. That’s all. No initial intent to mess with anyone. You brought that upon yourself. :D You know you’re last years “sheep of the year”. Your expressions were priceless. By the way, who's "heather"? lol!!!!

-RiVeRSiDE
                    One must commit due diligence into guarding their own data. You were victimized at a small scale, learn from it, and hopefully your credit card numbers or ssc number won't get stolen, causing even deeper victimization. You owe THEM a favor. Even do what Lord Mitnick once did and get back at the wolves.

..or, complain.. that works, too.

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                      ..or, complain.. that works, too.
                      If by 'works' you mean 'causes ridicule', then yeah, you're absolutely right.

Comment

By the way, who's "heather"? lol!!!!
                        Heather was an old old ex that i broke up with 2 months previously, to dc 11

You owe THEM a favor.
                        I know i do, i don't know the guys name but i had told him it was a learning experience. I was a lil crap god dangit. At the moment, but you live and learn. I do use encryption now, before i figured firewall anmd NAT were best. But still i say i learned a lot first time through.

Second time through is the reason why i am just going to not logon through nessenger or email. I believe i learned, therefore I don't do what i did before.

Even do what Lord Mitnick once did and get back at the wolves.
                        I realize i could but i am more of an easy going guy. It would have to be something life threatning. To get me that angry for revenge. Still i rather just go about not repeating a simmilar mistake.
                        Ricky

Comment

Heather was an old old ex that i broke up with 2 months previously, to dc 11

I know i do, i don't know the guys name but i had told him it was a learning experience. I was a lil crap god dangit. At the moment, but you live and learn. I do use encryption now, before i figured firewall anmd NAT were best. But still i say i learned a lot first time through.

Second time through is the reason why i am just going to not logon through nessenger or email. I believe i learned, therefore I don't do what i did before.

I realize i could but i am more of an easy going guy. It would have to be something life threatning. To get me that angry for revenge. Still i rather just go about not repeating a simmilar mistake.
                          good man. i'll likely abstain from using the wireless to do anything that requires a password.

Comment

but you live and learn. I do use encryption now, before i figured firewall and NAT were best. But still i say i learned a lot first time through.
                            The education your describing is the exact end result we desire. I know it's a bit of "school of hard knocks" but it really works! You're proof. As the novices walk in the door and see the wall, and from that moment forward, they think twice before using unencrypted communications at Defcon, or for that matter anywhere! You're a good poster child :D

Back to the original "making friends/what to bring" thing... Be yourself, bring your toys, be smart, and have fun.

Personally, I like bringing a throw away machine I think is hardened to see if it can get broken. I then see what they did and learn.

-RiVeRSiDE

Comment

The education your describing is the exact end result we desire. I know it's a bit of "school of hard knocks" but it really works! You're proof. As the novices walk in the door and see the wall, and from that moment forward, they think twice before using unencrypted communications at Defcon, or for that matter anywhere! You're a good poster child :D

Back to the original "making friends/what to bring" thing... Be yourself, bring your toys, be smart, and have fun.

Personally, I like bringing a throw away machine I think is hardened to see if it can get broken. I then see what they did and learn.

-RiVeRSiDE
                              Do you just leave the machine on the network the whole time you are there?

Comment

Throw away machine @ Defcon

I guess honeypots are a moot point at DC? heh.

Damn, my superhardened WinMe box will be useless I guess.

LosT

Comment

Working...
                                X