DefCON 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Code_Dark
    My first defcon was last year (defcon12). I had a great time. Although I was a little bit worried at first, since it *does* have a reputation of being kind of rough, the con was some of the best times I've had in a long time.

-cd

Funny you should mention that.. I met a guy the other day that saw me wearing my goon shirt and struck up a convo about it. He pulled his friend into the conversation, who mentioned he went all the way to vegas to go to DC, just to back out when he got to the AP. He said "the place looked pretty rough.. lots of scary looking folks around.. especially the intimidating looking guys in shirts like yours.. ". I laughed so hard I almost peed myself...
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

[QUOTE=che].. especially the intimidating looking guys in shirts like yours... /QUOTE]

heh.. must have been talking about Freshmenand chs ....
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by che
        Yup.. but that will be held at the Defcon in Utah, sponsored by Renderman.
        No that would be the Defcon Hacker-in-Utah Gauntlet. If you can travel accross the state and live, you win

Originally posted by AlxRogan
        And the Toxic BBQ this year will be all venison, slightly bruised and chromed.
        I tried this year to get my hands on some venison for the BBQ, but no luck :(
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
          No that would be the Defcon Hacker-in-Utah Gauntlet. If you can travel accross the state and live, you win

I tried this year to get my hands on some venison for the BBQ, but no luck :(
          If you're serious about venison for next year let me know. I'm gonna go blow the shit out of a deer down on our deer lease. I'll throw some in the deep freeze for ya.
          Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
          -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by guile
            I'm gonna go blow the shit out of a deer down on our deer lease.
            So beastiality is legal in texas when you lease the animal?
            If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

I didnt get my shit together in time for deer season here in WA this year. Bring some deer steaks and I'll grill em up nice.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Had an impromptu deer hunt here yesterday. Neighbor took out a deer with his trust Dodge Dart.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  Had an impromptu deer hunt here yesterday. Neighbor took out a deer with his trust Dodge Dart.
                  How bad is the damage to your friends car? Deers usually do more damage then they take especially if they are a stag.
                  Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

The deer is already dinner meat. The car was a total loss. I almost hit a deer once as well. I brake for deers and bears but speed up for coyotes and mountain lions.

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
                      How bad is the damage to your friends car? Deers usually do more damage then they take especially if they are a stag.
                      Huh?! Usually the ones I see along the side of the road are missing there head, or have been turned into ground meat.

Comment

What kind of meat do you get out of a deer with 2 legs? Lean.

No legs? Ground.

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                          Huh?! Usually the ones I see along the side of the road are missing there head, or have been turned into ground meat.
                          Of course you do: you don't see the ones that get away.

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                            Well let me clarify, I have never hit or had a friend hit a deer head on that was just standing in the middle of the road. In that case I am sure you would see the venison on the road. However when I was driving my dads duelly (Ford, Diesel) down a dark road one night a deer came out of nowhere and hit the forward driver side quarter panel and damn near tore straight through to the engine. It was a big stag and all that happened to it was a broken antler. Another time a stag torr into my friend's Thunderbird pretty good. All I know is that those things are pretty tough. And it costs alot of money to fix.
                            Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

If the antler shows the deer was a doe, HIDE IT! Otherwise you can have issues for killing a deer under legal age.

Yes, even if IT hit YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                                Of course you do: you don't see the ones that get away.
                                Originally posted by allentrace
                                Well let me clarify, I have never hit or had a friend hit a deer head on that was just standing in the middle of the road. In that case I am sure you would see the venison on the road. However when I was driving my dads duelly (Ford, Diesel) down a dark road one night a deer came out of nowhere and hit the forward driver side quarter panel and damn near tore straight through to the engine. It was a big stag and all that happened to it was a broken antler. Another time a stag torr into my friend's Thunderbird pretty good. All I know is that those things are pretty tough. And it costs alot of money to fix.
                                Well covering 2600 mile's a week of the western region, I do get to see alot of the ones that have gotten away. Now that I have been talking about it though it would not surprise me if I did hit one now, not much they can do when they have 40 tons of truck up against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X