DefCON 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kree
    Well covering 2600 mile's a week of the western region, I do get to see alot of the ones that have gotten away. Now that I have been talking about it though it would not surprise me if I did hit one now, not much they can do when they have 40 tons of truck up against them.

I'm originally from Idaho and there's a migratory path down the middle of the state. If you drive I-84 you see the lil bastards all the time. My cousin is a truck driver and he hit a Elk head on and it destroyed the front end of his rig.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    -Homer Simpson

Comment

Speaking of roadkill.. This last weekend driving back from the Texas Coast, I created some.. A huge racoon, Id guess 30lbs at least.. Was the size of a medium size dog.. ran out into my lane, and hit it doing 65.

Needless to say, the Mustang I recently repaired from "totalled" status, now is getting another new front bumper and set of fog lights..
      I didnt know racoons grew that freaking big..

Shall I make my reservation for CoonCon? Ive got a start.. maybe I could just drive around the house in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
        But since DC13 was cancelled, it will be held on the campus of Whatsamatta U., in Frostbite Falls, Minn. In February.
        February? I heard January! Damn, I bet all the rooms are reserved already!

Speaking of which, I didn't stay at AP this last year, does anyone know when they'll be taking reservations for rooms there?

Comment

Originally posted by Xakep
          Speaking of which, I didn't stay at AP this last year, does anyone know when they'll be taking reservations for rooms there?
          If memory serves me, the official Defcon announcement happens sometime in January or February, and the rush for room requests comes not long after.

Comment

Originally posted by guile
            I'm originally from Idaho and there's a migratory path down the middle of the state. If you drive I-84 you see the lil bastards all the time. My cousin is a truck driver and he hit a Elk head on and it destroyed the front end of his rig.
            I hit I-84 once a week in utah, haven't seen any elk yet but I have seen them over here in north central arizona and those fuckers are big, and I could see one fucking up the front of a truck especially the fiberglass hoods on the fld's and K DUBS, but even though I have seen big trucks hit pretty big animals and drive away with minor damage, it's the havolina's you gotta watch out for.
            If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

Originally posted by noid
              I didnt get my shit together in time for deer season here in WA this year. Bring some deer steaks and I'll grill em up nice.
              I almost hit a deer in Issaquah driving in the entrance to Krispey Kreme... o_0;; my friend said that he has deer in his back yard that come to visit. ::thinks ebil thoughts::

206 Defcon meeting topic? Illegal deer hunting.. =P

-xchris
              -Christopher

Comment

Originally posted by xChris
                206 Defcon meeting topic? Illegal deer hunting.. =P
                Repeat after me, its only illegal if you get caught.

Those drunks that shoot at the rubber DNR deer out of season, and keep shooting at it because it doesn't fall deserve all the extra attention they get.
                Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

all this meat / BBQ conversation has me wondering... has anyone ever tried bear meat? i've heard great things, but never had the opportunity. if any showed up at the Toxic BBQ i'd definitely pony up some cash for a taste.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

i've heard only bad things about bear meat. tough, chewy, fiberous, stingy, etc.
                    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                      i've heard only bad things about bear meat. tough, chewy, fiberous, stingy, etc.
                      Bear gall bladder goes for a high price on the chinese black market ;)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                        Bear gall bladder goes for a high price on the chinese black market ;)

LosT

Bear isn't too bad is you make a stew or roast out of it. Stewing it keeps it tender.
                        Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
                        -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by guile
                          Bear isn't too bad is you make a stew or roast out of it. Stewing it keeps it tender.
                          that goes with most tough game meats too. stewing is recommended for racoon, hare, etc...
                          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

HaHa... wow... this topic really went off...well topic. Its funny to see how big of a tangent people can go off on =P I plan on attending the next DefCon... But as ive been reading at the beginning of the topic, its been cancelled?? Are they usually rescheduled? or whats the deal? heh... im confused....

Comment

Yes, it is usually cancelled and then held 30 days later in the same location, so just add 30 days to any dates you may see.

Comment

HaHa ok, ill do that =P But should i still show up in the right place for the initially planned one? or probably just keep an eye on the forums and such.. Also... how many people usually show up to these DefCons?

Comment

Working...
                                X