X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck man! keep is updated ^^

Comment

ummm, maybe the "annoying" bit means that your all over her like a rash.

phoning her tonight may just seem like ur stalking her!!!

Comment

Wasn't the world's first inhabitant's, Adam & Eve. I don't find this topic to be of a strange nature to be honest, it is only a natural process. I know that the 'New Hacker's Dictionary' quite cleary state's that a hacker isn't the most confrontational type of person, but they are still sensual people - as they are very focused and have clear mind-set's.

Comment

Dont phone..do it in person...way better :) Honestly. Also dont do sms txt/MSN/email etc. You can, but not to ask someone out. I think that has to be done in person. Way better.

Also this is the internet right? OMG PICSSS!!!111111 IS SHE JHOTTTTT?!?!?!?

Good luck :)
          Twigman

Comment

Originally posted by Ljuboja
            Wasn' Were not/Weren't the world's first inhabitant's, Adam & Eve.
            These kinds of question (rhetorical or not) can lead us to discussions of religion. Religion is off topic on these forums, and has more risks for hostility than political discussions.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, I found I'm much to nervous to even try phoning her. Even though yesterday I couldn't even use the phone because my mom's boyfriend was on it all afternoon, bastard. Anyways, my weekend is four days long. Which means thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday, I don't even get to see her :(. So I guess from the advice on here, I should ask her to a movie on monday, and go from there...

Comment

An invitation to have coffee in a public place or pizza at some place that has a game room are good ideas. She will feel more relaxed and comfortable in a public place, gives you more of a chance to get to know each other. Find out what her interests are, you may share a common interest. Leave the tech toys at home. Make her the focus of your attention. Open doors for her, hold her chair, help her with her jacket. Try to come off as just an average nice guy, but don't try too hard, just relax and let everything flow naturally...show her courtesy and respect if you start out with respect you will receive respect in return. You sound young (high school, perhaps?) Enjoy yourself, good luck to you.
                I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

Comment

Wasn't the world's first inhabitant's, Adam & Eve. I don't find this topic to be of a strange nature to be honest, it is only a natural process. I know that the 'New Hacker's Dictionary' quite cleary state's that a hacker isn't the most confrontational type of person, but they are still sensual people - as they are very focused and have clear mind-set's.

Quoting ESR will get you no where. Especially using one of his "proposed" symbols for hackers, just outright idiotic.
                  Delicious Poison:

The difference between a nerd and a geek? Well a nerd does not wear Spider Man butt huggers.

Comment

Wasn't the world's first inhabitant's, Adam & Eve...
                    Whether they were first or monkeys, there wasn't exactly a lot of competition. Your choice of a date would be a hairy ape or a human being.

Come to think of it, many women still feel that way today.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydr47
                      Open doors for her, hold her chair, help her with her jacket. Try to come off as just an average nice guy, but don't try too hard, just relax and let everything flow naturally...show her courtesy and respect if you start out with respect you will receive respect in return. You sound young (high school, perhaps?) Enjoy yourself, good luck to you.
                      Woah there.... it depends what kind of female she is before you "show her respect" by opening a door for her. There are lots of ways to show respect and not everyone appreciates them equally. In fact, some people could feel insulted or just weird if odd holdovers like opening a door or pulling out a chair were done for them. Yes, some females adore that sort of thing, but we don't know if this girl is independent, ultra-femme, tomboy or what. If he's been her friend and has been listening to her, he'll know what she likes and should listen to that above all generic advice.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        Your choice of a date would be a hairy ape or a human being.
                        Some of us like hairy apes.

No, you can't get a free grooming.

Comment

Originally posted by Floydr47
                          Make her the focus of your attention...
                          Couldn't have sayd it better myself.

Comment

For me, just let her know who you truly are. I mean no false great pretender thing. If you are a techie then let it be known etc etc. Even if you are able to woo her, in the long run your true colors will show and she might end up not liking you or you not liking her at all.

Do not just get to know her better but get her to know the real you as well.
                            Last edited by Badkarma; February 16, 2006, 23:36. Reason: sounded like someone who knows too much
                            Temet Nosce

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              Whether they were first or monkeys, there wasn't exactly a lot of competition. Your choice of a date would be a hairy ape or a human being.

Come to think of it, many women still feel that way today.

Thanks astcell you made me have a good laugh at that, and managed to cheer me up!

Comment

Figure it this way: if she's hot and popular then when she turns you down she will probably forget about it soon enough (while it will haunt You forever...) and if she's not hot and popular, then you have a chance. so you dont have much to lose. and DO NOT mention anything about love (overkill-scares off). DO NOT bring flowers (overkill-scares off). Do not get touchy-feely on your first, second, or third outing if she says yes (overkill-scares off). Dont make the date too fancy or plan to rigidly (overkill-scares off).
                                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Working...
                                X