X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Asshole Fiasco

Originally posted by dYn4mic
    Yeah.. I really wish you or Xodia would've talked to some of the other people in the group... more importiantly myself and craSH who pretty much founded it, are the PoC for the biggest areas, and are trying to steer things in the right direction among many other things.... As everyone knows we can party well, I'd like to work towards being respected for real reasons. You see Shmoo group throwing a strippercon?
    Just a few things to throw out there about this:
    I was just getting strippers for my room, Static is the one who took to Kinkos for stickers and all that. I then decided that it would probably be cool to put the strippers up at the penthouse party since so many people were starting to hear about it anyway.

So I repeat and repeat again, the Neg9 branding of my getting strippers was not my idea. Hell, I'm not even really a part of Neg9 when it comes down to it. Thats you California people.

All things aside, Lets just have good cons in the future. Fighting over the details of a party that didn't even happen isn't important. Neg9 can do some cool things in the future, you guys have good projects planned.
    Last edited by Xodia; August 12, 2006, 10:52.
    The dude abides.

Comment

I just wanted to point out that we had a totaly open door policy, and had almost no problems at all. I think we had to kick out 4 people all weekend. Conversly, the party accross the hall was invite only, and they had problems. We only started turning folks away when it go too crowded. Even then, all you needed to get by the door was one of our names.

So I don't think that's it. I think it's more the kind of party. It seems to me that the parties that had the most problem were the "sit around and drink" parties. Whist we were more of a dance party.

The Ninjas had the same deal from what I heard (I had an invite, but never had a chance to go.) You give people something to do other than just drink. I am sorry I didn't get down to see first hand, next year for sure.
      "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

And the party was very awesome, Abby. Dancin' with ya was one of my highlights of Con!

THanks for letting me Dance!

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
          Just a few things to throw out there about this:
          I was just getting strippers for my room, Static is the one who took to Kinkos for stickers and all that. I then decided that it would probably be cool to put the strippers up at the penthouse party since so many people were starting to hear about it anyway.
          We didn't mind the strippers, except that when she showed up she was a total cunt. She actually demanded to be tipped up front, and jacked up the price. She was told where to go.

It would have been fun, but not needed. I think we will skip it next year. I am looking in to go go dancers and burly-q type entertainers though.

Comment

This year the talks and cons, next year the parties !!
            DaKahuna

Comment

(I was getting ice for Siviak and Icetre's party...because Asshole couldn't.).
              Now.. who could have expected to see THOSE names in the first paragraph??? ... wait, where's my sarcasm tag?

Asshole said (for the first time to me, second time to Vega), "I threw a Redbull out of the window and security saw it." At this point we mostly brushed off what he was saying as drunken banter and kept trying to get him to just go to sleep. At this point security knocked on the door.

<snip>

I let the guard into our room and he was instantly yelling and being very angry about someone throwing a Red Bull out the window and it landing by a security guard. He used the phrase, "Almost killed the guard.". So, five guards and two metros later we had nearly been arrested (if not for Twinvega and I having to give security anything they asked for including two black badges and three normal human badges and Kaene's ID which they dubbed "suspicious").

You let the hotel security JACK YOUR BLACK BADGES? *CACKLE*

All of that combined turned into a clusterfuck. We ended up walking back to none other than the Alexis Park so Asshole aka Jon would have a chance to sober up. It didn't work. He's still pretty bad as I write this. He is no longer in DC859, he is no longer coming to Defcon. Apparently after we were ejected more people were throwing things from windows and that just made hotel security more angry.

To close I will leave the final news of Asshole from the tonight:

Asshole has offered to suck Highwiz's cock in order to gain back a bit of respect and dignity.

could you point me to a url for the definitions of "respect" and "dignity" there because, I'm returning a cast error

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                I just wanted to point out that we had a totaly open door policy, and had almost no problems at all.
                Your statement here reminds me of the admin whose firewall *almost* works... Sometimes it's ok to be an elitist cunt if it means your protecting yourself from getting in trouble because someone in your vicinity is a complete fucktard. This would extend to being in the presence of IED's etc. It's just rational self interest to be cautious, isn't it?

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                So I don't think that's it. I think it's more the kind of party. It seems to me that the parties that had the most problem were the "sit around and drink" parties. Whist we were more of a dance party.
                Well, yeah... people with energy, life and vitality; people who dance because it makes them happy, are less likely to be self destructive ass heads, or so I've observed. Your brain needs blood to function and dancing makes that happen, yay for the obvious.

I *am* an elitist cunt (in my own sweet way) and refuse to associate with people who do not understand the law of accelleration of falling bodies and their potential for lethality. This is part of a very essential grasp of the simplest laws of physics which allow human beings to distinguish themselves from monkeys flinging shit.

This asshole threw a perfectly good RedBull out the window. Adding to that the fact that there was foot traffic below the window and that someone could have been fatally injured, there's no defending him.
                That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
                  Your statement here reminds me of the admin whose firewall *almost* works... .
                  No security is 100% and all firewalls mostly work, so it's not a very good comparison. Any admin who puts all their faith in just the firewall is an idiot. We didn't rely on one layer of security to keep things under control.

But like most good security, aside from the door people who did the ID checks, you were largely unaware of the rest of it, unless you tried to cause a problem. Security doesn't need to be visiable to be effective.

Off the top of my head I can only recall 3 problems, one a guy who tried to order room service, a few people tried to open windows, and someone tried to light up some weed. All of which were stoped and removed frrom the party.

Besides, most of the invite only parties used stickers for validation, which could be eaisly defeted by a visit to kinkos.

Originally posted by ndex
                  Sometimes it's ok to be an elitist cunt if it means your protecting yourself from getting in trouble because someone in your vicinity is a complete fucktard. This would extend to being in the presence of IED's etc. It's just rational self interest to be cautious, isn't it?
                  We had no damage, no major problems and everyone had a good time. There was no underage drinking. But as you weren't there you can only form opinions based on hearsay.

The Ninja's did a great job, so did the Goons and all my people. Both systems have pros and cons.

Just remeber, there is a huge difference between Security concerns and just being an elitist asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Oh wait let me put in some more detail. I planned to and wanted to go, really! I enjoyed the gatherings the last two years very much. Then this year a friend of mine wanted to go and was going on and on about this great group having a party he had heard of, but you needed this little sticker. I said, "Oh this one?" and held up my badge to show it. Yes! Well how could I say no? I remember from years past that no guests were allowed in, it was the stickered person only, so I offered my sticker. Hell yes I wanted to go, but not sharing would be like saying "I get to see Santa Claus and you don't, nya nya nya."

Now Barkode, I had no idea that I could have asked for an extra sticker because I was so sure about the security. Two years ago I could not even get my (then) wife into the party because she did not have a sticker. I did not give it away like it was meaningless, not at all. And I knew if the recipient was a dolt that it could reflect on me.
                    Astcell - I totally understand now. The guy was really a friend of yours so we'd have been happy to have him anyway. No harm no foul.

That said, we've known you for years man, just let us know you've got a friend that wants to come and we'd surely be happy to have both of you. Hehe. :)

Thanks for the followup. Oh, and if you couldn't get your wife in 2 years ago someone needs to get their head smacked about that. That's just silly.

Comment

I never get invited to parties... except the 303.
                      Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Originally posted by barkode
                        Astcell - I totally understand now. The guy was really a friend of yours so we'd have been happy to have him anyway. No harm no foul.

That said, we've known you for years man, just let us know you've got a friend that wants to come and we'd surely be happy to have both of you. Hehe. :)

Thanks for the followup. Oh, and if you couldn't get your wife in 2 years ago someone needs to get their head smacked about that. That's just silly.
                        Thank you for clearing this up, next year I will bring a friend, if I have any left after all the drunken and passed out pics of me are posted :>

And hey, not letting my wife in may have been a good call, she is out of my life now. If she was not good enough for the party, I should have known she was not good enough for me!!! Rock on!

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
                          I never get invited to parties... except the 303.
                          That's because you like to walk up to a person and ask if others at the party know they are a fed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus
                            So, um, apparently Red Bulls do not have wings?
                            That was bad...

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              That's because you like to walk up to a person and ask if others at the party know they are a fed.
                              So If I don't accuse people of being a fed I'll be invited to more parties?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware
                                So If I don't accuse people of being a fed I'll be invited to more parties?
                                Or getting un-invited to parties like me
                                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                                X