This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Asshole Fiasco

The first rule about Defcon parties is you do not talk about defcon parties.

Comment

Originally posted by staticblac
      The first rule about Defcon parties is you do not talk about defcon parties.

No need to talk about it...defconpics.org says it all for you
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by ndex

You let the hotel security JACK YOUR BLACK BADGES? *CACKLE*

[/FONT]
        No no, the LVM have my black badge.

Comment

Originally posted by cereal76
          Is that for real? Do you need it back?
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

We need to demonetize the Black Badge. Turns yours in for a new color to be selected. Inform security that black badge holders are to be arrested on site. That ought to get them to turn it loose. :>

Comment

Originally posted by cereal76
              I think they may have turned them over to the goons, but I could be wrong.
              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                I think they may have turned them over to the goons, but I could be wrong.
                Are you kidding?

After 15 years of dealing with DefCon summers, you think they'd give back the badges?

I wouldn't... I'd taunt you mercilessly and humiliate you at every opportunity.

I mean... it's such a burn. *cackle*

However, since we're all friends here, or whatever they call it now, I will concede that the classy thing to do is not to draw attention to how losing the badge is really the same as not having earned it in the first place.

Anyway, enough of my "trying to fit in".

I vote to lock this thread and never speak of the shame again, unless it's behind your back of course.
                That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I vote to lock this thread and never speak of the shame again, unless it's behind your back of course.
                  It will not bother me if any other mod closes this thread. Me? I'd close it when people have stopped posting in it for a while:
                  Without some outlet to complain about how this, "ruined their defcon," users might take their frustrations on those that don't deserve it, or just start a new thread about it.

Comment

Are you kidding?

After 15 years of dealing with DefCon summers, you think they'd give back the badges?
                    I based the stated that there was a goon in my penthouse who had one of the black badges that had been taken from the group. I don't know what happened to the rest of them
                    "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

• Re: The Asshole Fiasco

This was my first Defcon. Unfortunately I met Asshole this year. He owes me $140. That boy shouldn't have been at Defcon, I'll be more cautious next year. I asked him about binary WIFI driver and he didn't know what I was talking about (OpenBSD's anti blobs). I almost missed “Fun with 802.11 Device Drivers” because Asshole was screwing around. Xodia was nice enough to let me sleep on his couch. I funded filling the neg9 bathtub with assorted drinks (soda and bottled water), so we could chill there between parties.

Asshole took advantage of the situation. While I was out watching talks and collecting information, that Kentucky inbred went berserk. I walked up to the room as security was arriving. They almost didn't enter the room, then they heard screaming; Asshole was crying like a little girl, loud enough to be heard outside the hotel room. The guards consulted with each other and decided that was enough to enter. Thank you Xodia for telling hotel security I wasn't part of that room. I was one of the few people who got to stay because of your quick thinking.

Hope to see everyone next year.
                      ascending bits

Comment

Originally posted by Widge
                        . Thank you Xodia for telling hotel security I wasn't part of that room. I was one of the few people who got to stay because of your quick thinking.

Hope to see everyone next year.
                        No problem, people have to look out for people. Its the right thing to do.

Heh, I hope to see people next year too...at Blackhat. :)
                        The dude abides.

Comment

Ok I wasn't going to get into this, but is there a picture of this guy somewhere? I'm wondering if it's the same fuckup we 86'd late Friday Night/early Saturday morning from the Irvine Underground skybox. If not, anyone here know who that guy was?

On a side note, if there's a guinness record for "longest bounce", that would have taken the cake.

On another side note, thanks to IVU for being cool and welcoming when we decided to show up at 2:30 in the morning (with 50 people and $500 worth of newly acquired booze) and jumpstart a thing prior to shifting that room over to Ninja the next morning. :)

Comment

Originally posted by barkode
                            Ok I wasn't going to get into this, but is there a picture of this guy somewhere? I'm wondering if it's the same fuckup we 86'd late Friday Night/early Saturday morning from the Irvine Underground skybox. If not, anyone here know who that guy was?

On a side note, if there's a guinness record for "longest bounce", that would have taken the cake.

On another side note, thanks to IVU for being cool and welcoming when we decided to show up at 2:30 in the morning (with 50 people and $500 worth of newly acquired booze) and jumpstart a thing prior to shifting that room over to Ninja the next morning. :)

Barkode...

Not the same guy...but you are correct..that was the longest bounce....EVER!
                            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by barkode
                              Ok I wasn't going to get into this, but is there a picture of this guy somewhere? I'm wondering if it's the same fuckup we 86'd late Friday Night/early Saturday morning from the Irvine Underground skybox.
                              GIS asshole + defcon =

45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                              45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                              [ redacted ]

Comment

He is now officially doomed if he returns! Good show bascule!
                                "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                                X