• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: defcon shoot?

Just got the info,

Desert Lake:

Fatal Grace,

We do group machine gun rental under group packages. Minimum purchase of $2,000 grand for us to provide personnel and firearms.

$200 per person includes
    M4 and a 25 round clip
    MP5 and a 25 round clip
    AK47 and a 25 round clip

Option for a $100 dollars on a 25 round belt through one of our M60's. Our machine gun rental is led by two armorers with full certifications on these firearms. If you have questions please do not hesitate to call.

If you are bringing your own weapons and need the range closed for a day for your group the rate is $3000 grand for the rifle range on weekends.

We also have available the following for special rentals. These must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance with balance paid in full day before.

Minigun
    M2 Browning
    GMG grenade launcher
    PKM
    and much more.
    "There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people." -Zedd

Comment

Wait - is that suppose to be $2000 dollars or $2000 grand = $2 million? ;)

I am good for the $200 per person rate. So that's one down and nine more to go to make their minimum $2000.
      DaKahuna

Comment

i'd be curious to know what sort of packages they would put together if we wanted the range for a group event (but not for a whole day) and wanted to rent some of the heavy hardware, too.

I'm personally leaning much more towards just shooting our own gear with the option to occasionally fire a few rounds through some Class-III items. (What about bringing one's own heavy barrels? Can people shoot on full-auto, etc. during a group event only?)

So yeah, i'd like to see if we can negotiate maybe a half-price fee for a half-day of using the range for our group. Let them know that $150 per person as a range fee would make it all the more likely that a number of people would happily pony up the $200 each to rent some of the gear at the range. I would also be interested in rentals of some of the special hardware they mentioned. Unless they totally ass-rape people on price, it would be pretty kickass to blast something to smithereens with the GMG (i've always wanted to try out a Mark-19, i suppose this is the closest i can come easily) and rock on the Ma Deuce.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'll help out as a RSO, if I'm in Vegas when this goes down. (Not sure what day I'll be in Vegas for Defcon this year)

Use to do it for my old DCM/CMP club.

FYI.
          I'm Quiet (security goon).
          Username "Quiet_Wolf" came about back when I was helping with the Wall of Sheep and they were kicking around the idea clling themselves wolves.
          If a mod could change my username to just "Quiet", i'd appreciate it.
          “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

Originally posted by haden View Post
            first things 1st: no i don't know fatal grace as of yet.
            2nd: i believe that we are both the main contacts
            3rd: it will be me and fatal, sounds like deviant, hopefully noid, cotman, quiet wolf, and any other goons that are interested and aren't busy elsewhere
            I'm not a Defcon Goon. Defcon Goons work during Defcon so everyone else can have fun. I'm one of those people that volunteers time both before and after defcon to help where I am able, but not during Defcon.

Goons are awesome. I'm just a hall monitor. Do you have a pass to post? Was it signed by your teacher? NO RUNNING IN THE HALL! ;-)

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
            \i spoke with CotMan today and it's not likely he will be around, i believe.
            Right. I missed that comment the first time around. Deviant Ollam is totally right with that. I don't plan to be many places when I go to Defcon, and I don't run any events or contests.

The Toxic BBQ is one place that I do plan to visit when I am at Defcon, but almost everything else is open-ended. Last year, Boombox came with me to Defcon, and he is really into weapons, and is in a gun club back at his home outside the US. I'm sure we visited American Shooters 4 or 5 times while we were in Las Vegas, and The Gun Store once. I've got video of him with an S&W 500 on their rifle range. After two shots, you could hear a guy from two lanes over asking, "What was that?" and then another person yelling, "SHOTGUN! SHOTGUN!" heh heh. The flash captured on film was larger than the handgun. Pretty colors.

Boombox is really interested in these kinds of things, and if he were going to be at Defcon this year, I'd probably mention this to him so he could attend.

HighWiz: he's the guy you let check out your sweet mustang.
            Devian Ollam: He's the guy that was with me that I introduced to you at the TBBQ for the Guess the Flesh contest.
            And of course converge and mfreeck know who he is.

Originally posted by Quiet_Wolf View Post
            I'm Quiet (security goon).
            Username "Quiet_Wolf" came about back when I was helping with the Wall of Sheep and they were kicking around the idea clling themselves wolves.
            If a mod could change my username to just "Quiet", i'd appreciate it.
            I've done this for a few people. Check your email address associated with your forum account, and we can get started.

Comment

They are very firm as far as the prices go, from what I can get out of the sales lady, and the owner it's because we haven't done an event with them before, they may be willing to work with us, if we don't screw things up, but for now are our options are limited.

We can:
              B.Y.O. - $3,000
              Rent – $2,000
              B.Y.O/Rent – $5,000
              Rent/B.Y.O. pistols – $2,000
              "There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people." -Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal Grace View Post
                They are very firm as far as the prices go, from what I can get out of the sales lady, and the owner it's because we haven't done an event with them before, they may be willing to work with us, if we don't screw things up, but for now are our options are limited.

We can:
                B.Y.O. - $3,000
                Rent – $2,000
                B.Y.O/Rent – $5,000
                Rent/B.Y.O. pistols – $2,000
                So just to come down and shoot our guns on their range, its 3K? That seems like a bunch of cash to me. We'd have to get quite a few people in order to not make it the most expensive range trip ever.

I agree with their Full Auto rental fees. Ya, 2k is steep just to get them out on the line, but when you figure a transferable M16A1 is going for 12,000 to 15,000 dollars, theres a certain amount of investment that needs to be protected.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                  So just to come down and shoot our guns on their range, its 3K? That seems like a bunch of cash to me. We'd have to get quite a few people in order to not make it the most expensive range trip ever.

I agree with their Full Auto rental fees. Ya, 2k is steep just to get them out on the line, but when you figure a transferable M16A1 is going for 12,000 to 15,000 dollars, theres a certain amount of investment that needs to be protected.
                  That does sound really steep. The range I go to you can rent a full auto Mp5 or a full auto AR15 (chambered in 9mm) for $40 and shoot as long as you have ammo. The only requirement is you have to buy ammo from the range if you're renting one of their guns. Which is to prevent someone from bringing hot reloads.

This is me, the night before my wedding rehearsal. If you look close you can see three spent shells in the air, yes, full auto is very cool.

A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Comment

well it largely depends on the status of the machine gun. If its a 'transferable' or a 'pre-86 dealer sample', the prices on those guns are fucking nuts. Post-86 samples are readily available and cheap, heck the US government is dumping M16A2's to departments and dealers for 300 bucks right now. If I was the range owner, I'd totally rent out the post-samples for not a lot of money. We have a local range here that does that. 9mm AR-15, M16, and MP5. I know theres an HK 53 in the safe, but I never see it..

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Back before my Samonan attorney smacked some sense into me, I did have a loose dealio with another range for a Saturday morning (not the one Fatal Grace found) just a bit outside of Las Vegas, I can look and see if the prices went up/down since my last query in 2006.

The facility manager at Blankety Blank said we can rent 3-4 ranges at Blankety Blank, (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, & Class III) for $250 a range, so that cost is $1000 for basically the morning (8am til about 12-1pm). We can maybe go without the shotgun range, and I more than believe they can accommodate those showing up with Barrett's and other high powered rifles.

I believe they would be including beverages and whatnot to keep everyone cool and not passing out in the heat.

They would like would like $500 for the facility rental, and something to pay their range safety officers. Each range would have their own range safety officer.

Again, those are 2006 prices, I will call and see if these old prices still stand, I will also ask about on-site rentals of Class III, (Pre and Post '86) the next fun question is how many of us will likely would show up? as I did some homework on this too,
                      Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

will comment soon am in the process of moving to prescott
                        Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

From the Las Vegas Sun

By Ryan McAfee
                          Fri, Mar 28, 2008 (11:42 p.m.)

On Thursday, the FBI held a bomb demonstration at Nellis Air Force Base north of Las Vegas to show local agents the different types of IEDs (improvised explosive devices) being used around the world in wars and terrorist attacks. The FBI Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, Critical Incident Response Group and the FBI Laboratory described how the various bomb/explosive devices were made, then detonated them, demonstrating their destructive power.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/videos/2008/mar/28/173/

Watch the video, shades of the last DC-Shoot, at least from the sounds at end.
                          Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

Did they have tannerite?

Comment

im finally starting to settle down now. ive gotten to prescott, AZ without a problem and have started looking for a job to hold me till i can test for the detentions officer position with the yavapi county sherifs. now give me a few days to reread the thread and get caught up (and i need any new info) and we can get back to buisness.
                              Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Great, i'm glad to see that this is still going forward. I, too, have been really out of the loop lately. Between Black Hat Europe and NotACon just now I've been pretty pre-occupied. There's still a lot happening this month that will have me distracted (ToorCon Seattle, an event in Texas, etc) but i'm happy to see the planning finalize here a bit more.

Wasn't one of the latest issues a matter of which one of two potential ranges will work best? Where are we there? Can we can a straight head-to-head comparison made in a post detailing the latest pricing and policies of which we've been informed?
                                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                                X