Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: defcon shoot?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    Wasn't one of the latest issues a matter of which one of two potential ranges will work best? Where are we there? Can we can a straight head-to-head comparison made in a post detailing the latest pricing and policies of which we've been informed?
    i think we may really need to look into finding somewhere much cheaper, but as for now plans are still for desert lakes. if we find something cheaper we go with that. hopefully we get a couple of us with a wide range of weapons between us. personaly i hope to have at least the highpoint and my grandfathers m1 carbine.
    Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

so i was re-reading the thread and seemed to find that things were left as...

$2000 for Class-III group shooting (at a $200 per person breakdown, min of 10 people)
      $3000 to give our group private range time

... was that all still correct? or is it $2000 just to break out the full-autos, with additional ammo charges for people on top of that? either way, i'm still sort of feeling my original opinion of only going for range time and letting people bring their own heavy equipment if they want to. i mean, if we also get ten folk who are interested in going full-auto that's cool, but i think it's a steep price.

can you get confirmation of the following...

1. is it $3000 to give us "private" range time for part of the day regardless of the size of our group? (how large is the private range space firing line, etc)

2. if we're renting the private range, is it legal for us to bring our own hardware and unique targets? (i.e. - can we shoot our own personal full auto gear and fire at things like tannerite, etc? less extreme than that, can we shoot at "messy" targets like fruit, jugs of water, etc?)

3. are there any more photos of the actual firing area, including some way of knowing how close we can park our cars to the line, whether or not tables and benches are available, etc etc etc.
      Last edited by Deviant Ollam; April 8, 2008, 07:16.
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

We can bring our own targets, “I’ll call and get clarification as to what we can bring.” and Desert Lake will provide paper & steel targets.

If we rent the range we can shoot our own Class-III weapons.

They do have tables.

I don’t know the exact distance but parking is close to the range. About 150’ - 250’.

If you do rent Class-III you get to fire three weapons with 25 rounds each, I’ll call and find out the price for ammo after that.

I’ll also see if I can have them Email some pictures, and get answers on the amount of people we can bring, and how many can be on the line at once.
        "There is no such thing as pure good or pure evil, least of all in people." -Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Fatal Grace View Post
          get clarification as to what we can bring
          yeah, the three biggest questions there are (1) tannerite (2) random detritus like old junk parts and the like and (3) stuff that can make a "mess" but is organic like fruit, water jugs, etc

If we rent the range we can shoot our own Class-III weapons.
          and that's without any additional fee or stipulations about burst fire, full auto, etc? some places will let you waltz out with an M-60 but then say "only short bursts, no full rock and roll"

If you do rent Class-III you get to fire three weapons with 25 rounds each
          and maybe i'm too fussy, but i'm still not 100% clear on the pricing there for rentals... is it $2000 plus each individual's fee? or only individuals each paying about $200 with a minimum of 10 people, thus making it $2000 going to the range's pocketbook?
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

fatal do me a favor and post the ranges number for me and ill give them a call in a day or so to try to get clarification on a few questions.

also if it comes to personal armaments id like to see you all post what you could bring and how much rounds would be espeacially if they are class 3
            Soulidium (So-li-de-um) The place within us that contains the mystical spirit and soul of our creative artistry. A place where the fabric of our lives and experiences are transformed into their artistic equivalents; A housing for the very voice of our souls...

Comment

Julia, Gina, and I would totally be interested in a little trigger time, we could bring a m44, marlin model 81, sentinel r-101 (.22 revolver), AR-15, SKS, c-380 and Topper 158. Oh and for targets if anyone wants some of these http://www.zombietargets.net/ just let me know ^-^.
              The only issue I can see is that we will be picking Gina up in California and need to arrange weapons storage for that leg of the trip. is there anyone local who could help us out on that ?
              I like puppies

Comment

Anyone have an update on the status of the Defcon shoot? Is this going to happen this year or not and if so what is the format for the shoot? I am one of those who will not be brining a firearm with me but would like to go on a shoot provided it is not cost prohibitive.
                DaKahuna

Comment

mcgruff ill be up there on thursday afternoon. i live in northern az presscott area. i might beable to store for you. if this would help let me know

Comment

Originally posted by haden View Post
                    mcgruff ill be up there on thursday afternoon. i live in northern az presscott area. i might beable to store for you. if this would help let me know
                    I am just trying to determine, as early as possible, if I need to set aside the $200 for the shoot or if I can spend it on booze or other items instead.
                    DaKahuna

Comment

fatal do me a favor and post the ranges number for me and ill give them a call in a day or so to try to get clarification on a few questions.
                      can we get an update from you and fatal regarding the latest word here? was a phone call made? are there any updates on policy questions that we asked? august is still a ways off but it would be best if we got solid on the whole matter, say, before HOPE rolls around)

Originally posted by Mcgruff View Post
                      Julia, Gina, and I would totally be interested in a little trigger time
                      awesome. you guys are all good people. well... you and Julia i know. (at least i think i do... there is more than one Julia whom i know. i'm thinking of the cutey with the foxy glasses who purrs during particularly good hugs.) Gina i may or may not know. (or I may have met 9 times by now but have been too tanked to realize this)

m44, marlin model 81, sentinel r-101 (.22 revolver), AR-15, SKS, c-380 and Topper 158. Oh and for targets if anyone wants some of these http://www.zombietargets.net/ just let me know
                      badass across the board. don't kill yourselves with transporting everything, but i'd surely like to shoot off a few rounds from the m44 and the SKS.

The only issue I can see is that we will be picking Gina up in California and need to arrange weapons storage for that leg of the trip. is there anyone local who could help us out on that ?
                      I will be arriving in Vegas pretty early with TOOOL people since we're giving a training at Black Hat. Lopey doesn't mind being around things that go boom so if you're cool with it, you can use our room as a secure storage spot. as long as everything is legal and i don't need special permits for any particulars among your gear (hehe... leave bayonets and other such hardware at home, hah) that would be fine with me. i'd be most comfortable, in fact, if they were in locking cases to which i don't have the key. (not planning for any shenanigans... i just prefer to have legal deniability of the fact that i could have handled, used, or brandished any of them.
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post

I will be arriving in Vegas pretty early with TOOOL people since we're giving a training at Black Hat. ... i'd be most comfortable, in fact, if they were in locking cases to which i don't have the key. (not planning for any shenanigans... i just prefer to have legal deniability of the fact that i could have handled, used, or brandished any of them.
                        Deniability. RIIIIIIGHT.
                        Thorn
                        "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                          Deniability. RIIIIIIGHT.
                          hah, yeah... better make them Evva MCS locks or Abloy Protecs or something.
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

give me a day or two to do the update work this weekend really wiped me

Comment

give me a day or two to do the update work this weekend really wiped me
                              heh... have you had a series of long, bad weeks? not much new word here.

last we looked, there were still attempts to get clarification on some key matters...
                              1. Was $3000 the final figure to secure the range for our whole group and let us do whatever we want there with our own weapons and ammo, no additional fees?

2. If we bring our own Class-III gear can we fire it on full auto with our own ammo?

3. If people opt to rent anything, independent of the $3000 "range fee", what is the rundown there? Specifically i believe we're talking about full autos here. Last i saw in the thread, it was a $2000 package, but it was very unclear what that meant, what ammo was included, etc.

4. Can we shoot messy or loud targets? (Fruit, Computer parts, Tannerite)

Who's got the latest update, etc? I'll happily call and attempt to wrangle this info if the planning has stalled out hard, since i really want to see the shoot come back again. The official mailing list has even seen a bit of chatter (first time i saw posts there in years) asking about whether or not something is going to come together this summer.
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

ill be calling the range on wensday morning and should have the update that evening. sorry bout the lag but ive been really busy and my phones down right now so ill be useing a friends

Comment

Working...
                                X