This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pezz
    SKROO: I guess if you are scoping a date for the B&W, it would be OK to hang outside the room and accost them as they left the meeting...
    I'll pass - anyone who probably gets used as the all-in-one training model at the STD clinic is not really all that enticing to me.

Comment

Results:

Group poll - 2400 global females in technology
      3- interested in learning the outcome of this discussion
      1- interested in actual discussion of womens issues within Infosec

Group poll - 50 females currently in Infosec, or security related fields

0 response

Group poll - 8 Women who have been to DC
      1 - very interested in discussing issues related to women in Infosec or at DC
      9- not interested no issues relating to females at DC or in infosec

* interest expressed in in-formal meet to network, learn other females who are out there

1 advised G3 stood for Gay Geeks with Guns :)

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
        Results:

Group poll - 2400 global females in technology
        3- interested in learning the outcome of this discussion
        1- interested in actual discussion of womens issues within Infosec

Group poll - 50 females currently in Infosec, or security related fields

0 response

Group poll - 8 Women who have been to DC
        1 - very interested in discussing issues related to women in Infosec or at DC
        9- not interested no issues relating to females at DC or in infosec

* interest expressed in in-formal meet to network, learn other females who are out there

1 advised G3 stood for Gay Geeks with Guns :)
        Chalk me up as 1 female currently in Infosec or security related field and I am interested in G3 to network and learn other females who are out there.

Comment

It's war! G3 is Gay Geeks with Guns.

And remember this:

"Don't Fight with those Gay Guys.
          They're Strong Like Men.
          But fight like Girls"

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard

Heheh... I tried to tell them that!!
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard

And remember this:

"Don't Fight with those Gay Guys.
              They're Strong Like Men.
              But fight like Girls"

Actually...and I meant to post this before but got busy laying the smack down....G3 is Steve Vai, Joe Satriana and Yngwie Malmsteen (in it's current iteration). It's basically three Guitarists that tour together for the summer and have been doing so since 1996.

http://www.satriani.com/G3/2003.shtml
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                Actually...and I meant to post this before but got busy laying the smack down....G3 is Steve Vai, Joe Satriana and Yngwie Malmsteen (in it's current iteration). It's basically three Guitarists that tour together for the summer and have been doing so since 1996.

mmmmm. Those guys rock. Satriani-specific, Summer Song just lifts my soul...

r0cketgrl

Comment

Originally posted by r0cketgrl
                  mmmmm. Those guys rock. Satriani-specific, Summer Song just lifts my soul...

r0cketgrl

Agreed. Satriani is a master but not overly flashy. Vai, who I also like, does have a tendancy to show you how good HE is rather than actually write good songs.
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Agreed. Satriani is a master but not overly flashy. Vai, who I also like, does have a tendancy to show you how good HE is rather than actually write good songs.
                    This should make you laugh. I saw Vai with some of his students at a venue in DC. Everyone was SO "he is the man" they were afraid to applaud when he and his students were done with a piece.

It really was so totally awesome though, and I was able to record that session without getting busted. I keep it for me.

r0cketgrl

Comment

How about a girl like me? I don't think I'm a scene whore, I'm very happily dating someone, but I'm not that great at the techie side yet, but been wanting to go to defcon for years. This summer will be my first time, and I'm coming to learn (I am the grasshopper) Is it cool if I hang around?

Comment

Originally posted by darcy
                        How about a girl like me? I don't think I'm a scene whore, I'm very happily dating someone, but I'm not that great at the techie side yet, but been wanting to go to defcon for years. This summer will be my first time, and I'm coming to learn (I am the grasshopper) Is it cool if I hang around?
                        Hm. I guess that some of what I said previously may be partly responsible for your question, so I should probably be one of the people who answers it.

The short answer: by all means come along. I apologise if I gave the impression that I wanted to exclude anyone on the basis of technical expertise; this certainly wasn't the case.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have something to say about this, and expect to hear if I'm off-base.

Comment

If you are NOT a techie but like hanging out amongst them, YES you are welcome. You may get ribbed, but stand your ground, those who rib you are just jesalous. :>

Comment

Oh... Wait till our lawyers get through with them!

Comment

Welcome Darcy! Tech stuff can be learned. As long as you want to learn you will be fine. I am looking forward to meeting you.

r0cketgrl

Comment

I think it's great you want learn more. I wouldn't have problem, nor do i think anyone else would if you came.

:D
                                "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Working...
                                X