DC21 Shoot Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC21 Shoot Shirts

I'll front the money to buy shirts again this year. I'm also up to rent a shooting station for both sessions of the daytime shoot.

Re: DC21 Shoot Shirts

And let's not do the same printing place. The quality was very 'meh'.. :(

Let the design ideas flow!
    |

Comment

Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
      And let's not do the same printing place. The quality was very 'meh'.. :(

Let the design ideas flow!
      Just like last year, we have an exception for the "no politics" rule on the forums for this and the slogans and design. Feel free to provide imagery and slogans that are political, but please do not use that as a "tunnel" to carry on political discussions.

Other contests and slogans can get the same advantage, so long as it is not abused.

You have a blog space on the forums, and I think we decided a long time ago, that you can post anything there except spam and illegal content, so if you want to have political discission, try your forum personal blog.

By being explicit with this, I hope it encourages people to step up and contribute ideas to the design and slogans for your event, without worrying too much.

Comment

Drinking at defcon is always (over) played, even last year it was a play on dos equis right (though it was less about the drinking and more about the meme and the XX = 20). I'm wondering if people will be ok with the obvious defcon 21 / legal drinking age / legal carrying age correlation that could be played off of. I'm sure many will have mixed feelings about a shirt that promotes drinking and guns. I guess it depends mainly on how it is done.

"Defcon 21: now drunk while carrying" probably wont fly (along with being not funny / too obvious).

The other obvious things that could be done are mentioning any potentially banned items. Probably not a brilliant idea to get to close to mentioning the shootings, unless you wanted to go for "too soon" points.

Some (probably bad) ideas

Defcon 21 Shoot: Don't Tell The Feinstein

Defcon 21 Shoot: Enjoy It While It Is Still Legal

The problem I see with these are if a ban is struck down the shirts dont make a lot of sense a year or two from now, since most people will forget about it.

Comment

Kinda lame, but something about 12/21/12 prepping -- or not happening
          |

Comment

probably too long to become a slogan for a shirt, but my brain tends to be circling the idea of "now that the NRA has declared itself totally irrelevant, i can spend my member-dues money on more bullets at the DEFCON Shoot instead" or some such.

or, pivoting off that... we could do something ironically anti-NRA by showing Wayne LaPierre's face and inserting some of his sillier quotes about violent video games and how they cause mass shootings.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

I miss the 18-and-legal ideas from DC18. 21 gives you handguns, so maybe something about that? 21=Blackjack, and this is Vegas, so there are some obvious connections.

I'd want to stay away from the political, mostly because I'm tired of it tonight. Although I do like the idea of Wayne's world of quotes. An "ironic" pro-gun/anti-NRA shirt?

BTW, ooshirts.com kinda sucked as we said before, but since we're not waiting until the last minute, we have tons of options.

Comment

Just to clarify and remind everyone: the shirts for the DC Shoot are the one key part of that whole event that i do not touch or coordinate in an way. i used to, a lifetime ago, but haven't in years.

So while i'm happy to participate in discussions about design and offer my input there, please do not direct specifics to me when it comes to print houses, production deadlines, cost, quantity, etc.

I am so thankful that the community always comes together in order to take that whole slice of the pie off my plate. It's just something i don't have the free time to handle or the ability to handle getting the shirts out there since i fly to Vegas and already have a MetricDonkeyDickTon of equipment that i have to oversee in transit and unloading, due to TOOOL at DEFCON and CORE Group at Black Hat.
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Blackjack, that's a good reference to 21.

This comes to mind:

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...k-22-mag-b.jpg

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...k-jack-22-mag/

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post

This was my first thought, but it's not very Defcon-y
                    http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/up...at-428x600.jpg

Comment

What about a take on the Iraq Playing Cards, but with DT, L0ST, Deviant, etc. on them?
                      http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-...p02-249057.jpg

Comment

Just trying to keep this thread moving forwards, as we all know its going to end up a rush job the week/day before the shoot :)

I like the blackjack reference, and I also like the "DEFCON most wanted" playing cards idea. Anything else out there based around "21" floating around in someone's imagination? Only 190 days left :)

Comment

Googling "21" for some inspiration I come up with

forever 21
                          century 21
                          MIG 21
                          21 jump street (movie)

there was a lot of crap around forever 21 if someone wants to get creative there (taking it in a different direction)

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
                            forever 21
                            ಠ_ಠ

http://www.infoplease.com/dayinhistory/August-1

The first U.S. census was completed, showing a population of 3,929,214 people.
                            Colorado became the 38th state in the United States.
                            Adolf Hitler presided over the opening of the Berlin Olympic Games.
                            President Truman signed the congressional acts that established the Atomic Energy Commission and the Fulbright Scholarship program.
                            MTV made its debut at 12:01 AM. The first video shown was Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles.
                            I think blackjack is the best thing so far.

Ninja edit:

This one just came to me! 2 to the chest 1 to the head.
                            |

Comment

Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
                              ಠ_ಠ

This one just came to me! 2 to the chest 1 to the head.
                              I really like that concept, but not sure how it comes across on a shirt.

I'm starting to check out some of the other shirt printers; my company uses one that's good (not yet sure on prices) for company-logo'd clothing. Might even do a Defcon Shoot hoodie.

Comment

Working...
                              X