Re: DC21 Shoot Shirts

Combining ideas, but mostly stealing from ASTCell:

Evolution of modern (US) warfighter:
    1775; soldier with musket
    1915: soldier with Springfield 1903
    1945: soldier with M1 Garand
    1975: soldier with M16A1
    2005: soldier with M4
    2015: hacker with terminal controlling a drone.

We're an international audience, so I'm not partial to US warfighters, but it is easier, more consistent, identifiable, and fits more of our audience. I like the idea because it links in DC/Hacker/Computer culture, plus the evolution and drone themes.

My original thoughts were evolution of the sighting reticle (post, standard sights, scope, HWS, computer terminal), but I didn't think it was easy to convey, nor easy to identify for a non-shooter.

Comment

Sounds like a good recruiting posted for Drone Operator.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
        Sounds like a good recruiting posted for Drone Operator.
        Not a bad idea, either. I'm sold on the evolution one today, but we could do something similar to the fake recruiting posters.

Comment

I like the evolution one too, but we are still in the brainstorming mode... anyone else with brain cells left over to throw in some ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
            I like the evolution one too, but we are still in the brainstorming mode... anyone else with brain cells left over to throw in some ideas?
            Speaking of brains, there is always Zombies, but I personally prefer almost any of the other ideas over Zombies. Execution might make the difference, since I wouldn't have picked the Dos Equis theme from last year initially.

Comment

Zombies and drones have a lot in common....

Comment

The shoot registration page is up, so we're getting closer to the event.

Comment

Worst case, I'm reprinting last years' shirt, but changing the tagline to: "I don't always wait until the last minute for the Defcon shoot, but when I do, I reprint last year's shirt."

Comment

lol. I'd buy it, if it were better quality than the last printing place.

Let me know if you need the PSD. I think Deviant has it as well.
                    |

Comment

Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
                      lol. I'd buy it, if it were better quality than the last printing place.

Let me know if you need the PSD. I think Deviant has it as well.
                      I don't think I kept any of the files, so I'll probably need them. Other than the f'd up timing for the shirts and not arriving until after the shoot, what other complaints did people have about the quality? I like the lighter-weight shirts (American Apparel?), but I don't know if everyone does. And I like charcoal instead of hacker-black.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                        I don't think I kept any of the files, so I'll probably need them. Other than the f'd up timing for the shirts and not arriving until after the shoot, what other complaints did people have about the quality? I like the lighter-weight shirts (American Apparel?), but I don't know if everyone does. And I like charcoal instead of hacker-black.
                        I think astcell's accent of man spoof would be the best thing to go with at this point. And it would be easy to create if you use white filled in images on a black background.

It seems like most of the rest of the ideas (including mine) aren't as polished or ready to be voted on to determine x is better than y.

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
                          I think astcell's accent of man spoof would be the best thing to go with at this point. And it would be easy to create if you use white filled in images on a black background.

It seems like most of the rest of the ideas (including mine) aren't as polished or ready to be voted on to determine x is better than y.
                          Any artists in the group? I suppose I can try my hand at it using MSPaint, but I have a feeling I'll end up with a bunch of unsold shirts.

Comment

"Hackers and weapons...what are we, the Chinese?" (Too politically incorrect?)

"Hackers know how to pull the trigger" Or we know... Or something like that.

Slogan ideas: got nothing.

Comment

O also, what about a gun with the smiley guy as the maker, instead of say Colt or whathaveyou?

Or for silliness, have a hand holding it at a stupid angle so you can see the Knicks have H A C K on them? Haha

I'm amusing myself.

Comment

Logo idea for the ascent of man idea (which sounds cool)....

Under each say gun say "Squeeze" As in squeeze the trigger.
                                Under the drone say "Hack"

?

So it would look like
                                Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze Hack

Comment

Working...
                                X