• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC21 Shoot Shirts

Originally posted by FOOk@ View Post
    So it would look like
    Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze Squeeze Hack
    That's how I get a hairball out of my cat.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
      That's how I get a hairball out of my cat.
      Bahaha!!!!

Comment

phew. about a month away and the ideas are still all over the map. i remember those days, and i'm glad i don't still run this part of the shoot. ;-)

best advice i can give: someone (preferably the person coordinating the actual shirt production and up-front costs) needs to be the Benevolent Dictator to get this ball from the 10-yard line down into the end zone.

we've heard all the voices. we've seen all the ideas. now is, respectfully, no longer a time for discussion... now is a time for decisions. i'm sure people will like it. i'm sure it will turn out well.

... just as long as the play on the shirts gets executed very soon.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

I declare that Ascent of Man / Firearm is it.

US military firearms? I'm thinking rifles, standing vertically, no labels, with a pc/terminal on the far right. No people in the picture. Any title or tagline?

Weapons:
          musket
          Springfield 1903
          M1 Garand
          M16A1
          M4
          terminal controlling a drone.

Also, my MS Paint skills aren't great, but I'll do my best. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, it would likely turn out much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
            I declare that Ascent of Man / Firearm is it.

US military firearms? I'm thinking rifles, standing vertically, no labels, with a pc/terminal on the far right. No people in the picture. Any title or tagline?

Weapons:
            musket
            Springfield 1903
            M1 Garand
            M16A1
            M4
            terminal controlling a drone.

Also, my MS Paint skills aren't great, but I'll do my best. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it, it would likely turn out much better.
            My opinion is an actual drone will make more sense than a terminal, especially if you dont have any labels it will just look like a computer/monitor to most people.

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post
              My opinion is an actual drone will make more sense than a terminal, especially if you dont have any labels it will just look like a computer/monitor to most people.
              Good call. I'm assuming a General Atomics MQ-1 Predator is the most recognizable.

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction of a drone that looks good in profile (or at least recognizable)? hopefully I'll have this portion done this week, put it out for comments, and then can order shirts.

Any opinion on white graphics on a dark charcoal or black shirt? Any text we want to add?

Comment

My original thought was a white silhouette on a dark background, but I am able to do color if needed. Anyone have a preference?

Comment

My original thought was a white silhouette on a dark background, but I am able to do color if needed. Anyone have a preference?
                    DC19 everyone wanted a black shirt.

I tried to find a profile shot of a drone because I thought that would look the best, but then the problem is the wings wont show.

Here are some I'd recommend

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...g_2504025b.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo...landscape.jpeg

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-c...al-atomics.png

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt...e%20banner.jpg

Comment

Go with black and white only.

http://photovalet.com/data/comps/MYF/MYFV15P07_11M.jpg

http://img3.etsystatic.com/014/0/750...06123_mtje.jpg

Comment

Agreed, black tshirt with white silhouettes

Comment

Here's what I've got so far:

Comment

BTW, any of the side-profile drone shots that I make into a silhouette come out looking like a childish submarine drawing because you can't see the wings.

Comment

BTW, any of the side-profile drone shots that I make into a silhouette come out looking like a childish submarine drawing because you can't see the wings.
                              Nice, some hopefully constructive criticism

If I showed a few people this and asked them what they were reminded of I doubt they would say the accent of man from just that image. Is there going to be text on the front that says "The accent of (weapons|warfare)" or something?

I would make the m4 shorter than the m16
                              Can you make all the butt stocks even vertically, as if they're all being stood up on the same flat surface?
                              And if you can, try to force a gradual slope down to the drone (if it makes sense from the size of the gun)

If you're looking for another tagline for the back or something I like this one quite a bit, stolen from https://twitter.com/57UN/status/353947746308341760

"Drones don't kill people, people with drones kill people"

Comment

I agree about it not screaming "Ascent of Man", and lining up the rifles in ascending/descending order is a good suggestion. Descending makes sense as weapons are getting smaller/lighter (and because of how the graphics are scaled). Not sure if I like calling it the "Descent of Man" - sounds like more of a political statement.

BTW - feel free to offer any constructive/destructive criticism.

Comment

Working...
                                X