DC21 Shoot Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC21 Shoot Shirts

21 may still be an option, but I think that's overdone. Being Vegas, 21 has pretty much one meaning. 21 has no firearm connotation, I am sure we can have fun with 22 though. Let's keep the brainstorming up!

Oh I wanted to start my weapon progression with the jawbone of an ass, but didn't think everyone would get it, or if it could be drawn well.

Comment

Another idea keeping with the drone topic

The famous "from my cold dead hands" picture, modified to cut out the firearm and instead photoshop in a drone

I know people hate the nra but this is kind of mocking them in a way. Or we could change it to the statue of liberty holding a drone, similar to aac's shirt

Comment

Just screwing around here:

|

Comment

Originally posted by wrøng! View Post
          Just screwing around here:

Do you have a medium/high res copy of that graphic that I could borrow? I'll return it as soon as I'm done with it.

Comment

The playing card needs a crown on his head!

Comment

I do like the ace and Jack thought. Perhaps give the Jack DC smiley a hat typically seen on a Jack, perhaps a bullet hole or two through one or both cards. Just for ease (and cost) of printing I would also suggest a monochrome image, so that they only need to use one screen. My 2¢, YMMV, for rectal use only, etc. etc.
              "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                Yea I saw that later. Stick with firearms, but how will that get the drone involved?

Flintlock - Derringer - 1911 - MP5 - phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range - drone.

:-)
                I like the weapon evolution idea. As for captions, I think we could be minimal. Also I think the shoot itself should be the "final evolution".

Like, weapon, weapon, weapon, weapon, defcon logo set over a 21 (or just defcon logo).

And if it feels necessary we could put "Defcon 21 shoot" as a single line of text, left justified, under the evolution graphic.

Also agree not to use the same place again. The last T shirt place screwed over several people by giving them a promise date and then sitting on the order for a week without telling anyone because the customer guessed the number of print colors wrong (including me, and I work in the printing industry!).

Comment

so, we have...

poker/21 theme

evolution of firearms theme

cold dead hands theme

drone theme

... do we have a timeline for when voting will take place or otherwise things get committed in one direction?

heh, not to add to an already crowded list, but i will mention one really solid idea that i had when out in California recently. inspired by the BSides, VioletBlue, ADA Initiative craziness (as well as generally other people getting in a twist at hacker cons over misunderstandings) what about...

"DEFCON Shoot... the only event at DEFCON that needs a trigger warning"

(or something with the "trigger warning" theme. FULL DISCLOSURE - there is a real chance that i'm being insensitive here. some folk have promised to sit down with me one of these days and explain what purpose "trigger warnings" are intended to serve and so forth... because I haven't fully grasped where they begin or end, or what merits them and what doesn't. so, perhaps it's not a good idea at all. and, like many others, i think that this theme isn't going away anytime soon.)
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                    so, we have...

poker/21 theme

evolution of firearms theme

cold dead hands theme

drone theme

... "trigger warning" theme.
                    Of these, I like the Evolution and Drones best, although I'd like to make blackjack/21 work because of DC21. I had to look up Trigger Warnings, so it might not be obvious enough for people (and besides, I think DC as a whole needs a Trigger Warning). BTW, Trigger Warning Hyperlink for those that need a definition.

I have no timeline for a vote, and think a lot of the timeline depends on when the artistic folk start contributing with designs. Working backwards, I think we're good as long as we have a winning design by the beginning of July - I'm already volunteered to order the shirts, although I'm not wasting all my Con time trying to track down people after the shoot.

Comment

Maybe blackjack on the front breast of the shirt and drones full on the back?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                        Maybe blackjack on the front breast of the shirt and drones full on the back?
                        I like the blackjack logo idea; King, Jack, Ace?

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                          I like the blackjack logo idea; King, Jack, Ace?
                          Whatever looks best with the smiley face logo. Maybe a Jack with the court jester three-pointed hat with bells on it or a King with a Crown.

Comment

Hey guys- some additional ideas came to me here, involving the cards + guns. Images for inspiration. We could work the playing cards with the DC skull & xbones in to the crest somehow.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/chr...7966509/#large
                            http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...g-12491836.jpg
                            http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thu...e2/3034831.jpg
                            http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...by_Zcisco0.jpg
                            |

Comment

It looks like everyone is stepping away from this direction but I thought I'd throw this idea out there just in case..
                              21 gun solute but it doesn't have to be oriented to fallen hero's; could go in the direction of symbolism for each of the last 20 defcon shoots and then include a final symbol for this years. Or can take it in several other directions as well.
                              I like the blackjack theme a lot as well; however, having a shirt that begs a question seems cool too

Comment

Combining ideas, we can always have a pair of drones, one marked with a K and the other with an A...blackjack and 21...

Comment

Working...
                                X