DC21 Shoot Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DC21 Shoot Shirts

I don't know how this idea would work out, but the archetypical Ascent of Man illustration progresses from knuckle-dragging to fully upright. What about using a similar progression, but perhaps starting with a vertical musket, progressively angling each one, and ending with the (visually) horizontal Predator? It might help visually space out the sequence (the far left looks really crowded to me), and evoke the original piece better.

...or it could look awful.

Comment

Originally posted by seeess View Post

"Drones don't kill people, people with drones kill people"
      Drones don't kill people; hackers with drones kill people" ?

Or is that not the message we want? Lol

I agree that it should be lined up flat and even ground, and sized appropriately. I am thinking the rifles are too high in number/close together.

What about an older rifle with a bayonet (say a Mosin Nagant), a garand, an AK, a P90, and the drone? That way there is more room for the drone pic, also.

Five very distinct things, clearly showing a procession to all but the most clueless of viewers?

Comment

I would make the m4 shorter than the m16
        Can you make all the butt stocks even vertically, as if they're all being stood up on the same flat surface?
        And if you can, try to force a gradual slope down to the drone (if it makes sense from the size of the gun)

"DC21 - now the shoot will never be the same"
        "DC21 - the range is now hot"
        "Ascent of Warfare"
        "All your drones are belong to us"
        "Amendment DC21 - the right to keep and bear drones"

Comment

"DC21 - demonstrating the ascent of man and the descent of war"
          "DC21 - cyber is now kinetic"
          "DC21 - kinetic is the new cyber"
          "DC21 - now the shoot will never be the same"
          "DC21 - the range is now hot"

These don't reference the shoot and or graphic, but I like as well:

"DC21 - my malware is better than your malware"
          "Ascent of Warfare"
          "All your drones are belong to us"

Comment

"Defcon Shoot - all weapons allowed"

"Range rules updated for Defcon 21:
            RULE I: ALL DRONES ARE ALWAYS LOADED
            RULE II: NEVER LET THE MISSILE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
            RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE BUTTON UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
            RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET"

Comment

Too many guns. Looks like the inside of my gun safe, not an ascension. Don't stick with just guns. This looks more like "one of these things is not like the other." How about a spear, a Flintlock, M14, and drone? M16 and M4 are too close in age and not much of a jump. And we want non-gun folks to get it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Modafinil View Post
                RULE I: ALL DRONES ARE ALWAYS LOADED
                RULE II: NEVER LET THE MISSILE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
                RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE BUTTON UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
                RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET"
                i like that, as well as "Amendment DC21 - the right to keep and bear drones"
                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                  Wicked! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                    Too many guns. Looks like the inside of my gun safe,
                    Tell me you don't have a drone in your safe, please.

I agree that it's crowded, and probably can lose the M1903 and M1; I was aiming for an ascent of US Mil firearms, so I'm not sure about the spear. I'll get two mockups and see how they look.

Any thoughts on how to do the tagline(s)? DC19 shirt had the "No liquids/gels/etc" across the chest; DC20 had "Stay Frosty" below a reticle on the front pocket.

Comment

TAGLINE? HOW ABOUT:

"These aren't the drones you're looking for. Move along." -NSA

Comment

Modafinil, at this point it looks like you're the only person that can get this done. Are you planning on taking orders and getting the shirts made or were you leaving that to someone else?

Just thinking about time, and when you probably need to get the design and orders to the shirt maker.

Comment

Modafinil, at this point it looks like you're the only person that can get this done. Are you planning on taking orders and getting the shirts made or were you leaving that to someone else?

Just thinking about time, and when you probably need to get the design and orders to the shirt maker.
                          I'm taking orders, and will order some amount of extras. I only intended on fronting the money this year, like last, but it got out of control. No guarantees if this shirt will turn out in time; if not, I'll reprint last year's shirt......

Comment

Two options:

Opinions?

Comment

i like the 2nd one. from some of the earliest range weapons to the most modern.
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                                i like the 2nd one.
                                I'm keen on that one too. In fact the "ascent" images even show the spear in one of the middle evolutions, so it is fitting that our's starts with that ranged weapon.
                                GnuPG-Fingerprint:
                                F164 738F 16BF FDBF F0B6 5720 C986 8AF7 5F41 97BE

V5 vi veri Vniversum vivus vici

Comment

Working...
                                X