No announcement yet.

Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

i sent out the DVDs a while back to some of the pre-seeders and to kenshotobob. one person (rather far away) let me know the other day that his arrived, so i'm guessing the others did as well by now. progress is being made, people!
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

Comment

Ey! .. if you need a seeder, PM me a pipe and I'll suck it down to assist. I'm currently surfing the limits of hosting space.. but a new webserver is in line and I'm researching ways of increasing the bandwidth for upcoming projects.
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
        i sent out the DVDs a while back to some of the pre-seeders and to kenshotobob. one person (rather far away) let me know the other day that his arrived, so i'm guessing the others did as well by now. progress is being made, people!
        I got my copy last week and am working on reconciling the contents with what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshotobob
          I got my copy last week and am working on reconciling the contents with what I have.
          This would be the ideal situation, so we have *all* the videos from each person.

Any ETA?

Comment

Originally posted by sammo
            This would be the ideal situation, so we have *all* the videos from each person.

Any ETA?
            Well. It's mostly merged at this point. And weighs in at a hefty 30GB.
            That's mostly because of the music videos that I have at DVD quality encodings at high bit rates. (They play better in the VJ software we were using that way.)

So, what should I do? Release a 30GB torrent? Crunch them down?

Comment

Originally posted by kenshotobob
              Well. It's mostly merged at this point. And weighs in at a hefty 30GB.
              That's mostly because of the music videos that I have at DVD quality encodings at high bit rates. (They play better in the VJ software we were using that way.)

So, what should I do? Release a 30GB torrent? Crunch them down?
              On the plus side, 30GB would ensure people remain on to seed. ]:>

On the minus side, it might take a while for anyone to complete, and some ISP may have issues with customers "exceeding their allocation" even though no limit of throughput per month is published.

You could script a re-encoding of those large videos, using xvid codec with mencoder and a simple one-liner shell script to automate it.

Comment

ideally, all the videos should be similarly encoded .. unless specific reasons dictate otherwise..
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                  ideally, all the videos should be similarly encoded .. unless specific reasons dictate otherwise..
                  all of mine are XviD with MP3 audio that clock in around 320x240 or 400x300 resolution. if you want, i'll be happy to do a reencode/cleanup of the other clips for you. a batch job like cotman suggested would also do the trick, however.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                    On the plus side, 30GB would ensure people remain on to seed. ]:>

On the minus side, it might take a while for anyone to complete, and some ISP may have issues with customers "exceeding their allocation" even though no limit of throughput per month is published.

You could script a re-encoding of those large videos, using xvid codec with mencoder and a simple one-liner shell script to automate it.
                    30GB is pretty big... whatever size it is, I just want a full copy. I don't think I'm that concerned about dvd-quality music videos, but whatever you guys want to do... you're doing it ;)

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                      Well, my personal copy is definitely not getting reencoded. Nothing like projecting 30 foot high re-compression artifacts. :) But I can take a look at matching up with what Deviant did.

The other reason is that I'm lazy and have already spent far too much time this year messing with video formats.

Comment

Id be interested in a 30gb file. sure it would take a long time but i think it would b e worth it

Comment

As one of the people who has volunteered to help seed this torrent, I don't mind if it's 30 GB. I may begin to mind if I'm the only one out there seeding it, though :)

Comment

Originally posted by jackmama
                            As one of the people who has volunteered to help seed this torrent, I don't mind if it's 30 GB. I may begin to mind if I'm the only one out there seeding it, though :)
                            I'll seed as well, of course!

Comment

i'd have no problem seeding a 30 gigger, as well.
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

My computer at home is doing nothing but crunching units for SETI@Home. Just let me know.
                                "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Working...
                                X