No announcement yet.

Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

I have a silly question. I downloaded the full file in BitTorrent and it was seeding, sort of. I want to get rid of BitTorrent and replace it with Azureus. However when I try to open the torrent in Azureus to seed, it starts downloading all over again. Is there a way to tell Azureus that I already have the entire thing, and want to start seeding immediately?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
      I have a silly question. I downloaded the full file in BitTorrent and it was seeding, sort of. I want to get rid of BitTorrent and replace it with Azureus. However when I try to open the torrent in Azureus to seed, it starts downloading all over again. Is there a way to tell Azureus that I already have the entire thing, and want to start seeding immediately?
      The common solution for many clients is to either find where the new client is saving its content, and copy the complete directoyr tree of the completed torrent to the same location, overwrite , then start the new clinet. It should check the torrrent against what it has, and then after many seconds, or a few minutes, it shares. Some clients will prompt you with a location to save the torrent results, and you can point it to a copy of your torrent. (It is best to use a copy until you are sure it works.)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
        The common solution for many clients is to either find where the new client is saving its content, and copy the complete directoyr tree of the completed torrent to the same location, overwrite , then start the new clinet. It should check the torrrent against what it has, and then after many seconds, or a few minutes, it shares. Some clients will prompt you with a location to save the torrent results, and you can point it to a copy of your torrent. (It is best to use a copy until you are sure it works.)
        Alright. I was thinking along those lines but hadn't proceeded that far down the decision tree.

EDIT: Yep, that worked. It opened the torrent, spent a couple minutes checking that everything was correct (actually it redownloaded 0.06%), and then went into the seeding column. Thanks!
        Last edited by theprez98; October 17, 2006, 17:56.

Comment

I tried to launch using the deviant.net link, yet I'm getting a msg that the site is down. Any other links I can use to get the download started?

Thanks!

Comment

A copy of deviant's torrent is now cached on http://torrents.lostboxen.net. Hop in the mud at any time .. now that I halted direct iso downloads from my webserver bandwidth is cracked wide open.

http://torrents.lostboxen.net/%5bdev...filler.torrent

I would suspect Mr Ollam is giving his box a workout atm...
            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I'm still seeding but I haven't seen any peers lately. Nevertheless I'll leave it for as long as anyone wants it up.

Comment

Yeah, same here.. I just leave it running. It seems to ebb and flow. Since everything popped back up cowf has pushed 18+ copies of the hash tables, with as many as 7 or 8 peers, and currently two peers for the new and two for the old.

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put in the time/effort/bandwidth to make this happen. But I'd like to also blame you for my lack of sleep over the past few days as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sammo View Post
                    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put in the time/effort/bandwidth to make this happen. But I'd like to also blame you for my lack of sleep over the past few days as well.
                    been up late enjoying the content, eh?
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

The download went pretty fast on my end. I think the ratio is 1.3 something now but it hasnt changed in a few days. On the other hand the CoWF torrent is not going nearly as fast for whatever reason (even taking into account its size).

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                        On the other hand the CoWF torrent is not going nearly as fast for whatever reason (even taking into account its size).
                        This is disturbing me as well. I observed the following:

1) Announce of new .torrent file -> 3+ Seeds and 3-5 remained seeding the old
                        2) Several copies of the new torrent completed, all seeds but myself disappeared even though several peers remained
                        3) Me being the only seed, should have bandwidth pegged by the peers .. in actuality I'm lucky to see 5-10KB/s traffic
                        4) Seeds for old torrent had dropped to 3 with 1 peer

--

So this morning I restarted my tracker thinking it may be some funkiness going on ... but have not seen a change. I inadvertantly left out tracking of the old torrent, so this was not the issue; still no seeds beside myself, same 3 peers slowly progressing but barely touching me.

This follows much success of the new tracker/client setup on my box .. so I'm not sure of the catalyst (or lack of) in this.

Comment

i've been rebuilding the disk array here at work (finally got it to stop with the bad data and timeout errors) so my seed should be online again tonight or tomorrow. had i remained connected i don't know how helpful i would have been... for a while there people were reporting that their clients would start banning my IP since there were so many bad chunks coming from the box.
                          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Interesting enough, I just happened to catch a 4th peer hop onto the CoWF torrent .. and its pulling from me at 120KB/s (room for the other three?) .. so, I *think* the tracker and client are doing ok on my end..

Comment

My CoWF torrent is doing miserably by sporadically downloading at around 5KB/s, yet uploading at around 120 KB/s. I'm confused.
                              lurking...somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by BraeSmit View Post
                                My CoWF torrent is doing miserably by sporadically downloading at around 5KB/s, yet uploading at around 120 KB/s. I'm confused.
                                Pretty much the same results here.

Comment

Working...
                                X