No announcement yet.

Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Originally posted by kenshotobob
    Well, my personal copy is definitely not getting reencoded. Nothing like projecting 30 foot high re-compression artifacts. :) But I can take a look at matching up with what Deviant did.

The other reason is that I'm lazy and have already spent far too much time this year messing with video formats.

This is fine. Do we know anyone that can share high bandwidth for this?

Comment

How about DEF CON?

We have 100Megs Full Duplex connection.
      PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
        How about DEF CON?

We have 100Megs Full Duplex connection.
        Hook it up!

Comment

Originally posted by sammo
          Hook it up!
          How many gigs is it?

I'm building a new media server now, should deploy it by ToorCon if all goes well, so if it is more than 4 gigs or so the old media server will be out of space.
          PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

Comment

I'd be glad to seed a 30 Gig file. As long as I'm not the only one as others have said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Tangent
              How many gigs is it?

I'm building a new media server now, should deploy it by ToorCon if all goes well, so if it is more than 4 gigs or so the old media server will be out of space.
              I don't think it's possible to get it down to 4 gigs. :)

Comment

I've got quite a bit of free bandwidth I can leech, so I'll be happy to seed if need be.
                You don't "Win" Scavenger Hunt, you survive Scavenger Hunt.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all the seeder support. I'm getting pretty close to having it all set. I'm going to reencode several videos that are obscenely large, then I just need to find a way to push it to the first seeders.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for all the seeder support. I'm getting pretty close to having it all set. I'm going to reencode several videos that are obscenely large, then I just need to find a way to push it to the first seeders.
                    Make a torrent for the first seeders, and then send them all a forum PM for how to get to the torrent.

Comment

Add me to the list. My bandwidth is wasting away at home.
                      "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

add me to your seeders list. I'll keep it up for a while

Comment

Originally posted by remad
                          add me to your seeders list. I'll keep it up for a while
                          Yeah, add me to the list too.

Comment

I just need to find a way to push it to the first seeders.
                            Perhaps someone could explain this to me again: what is the point of creating a batch of early seeders?

It may be useful if the original source doesn't want to seed (i.e., upload exactly one copy and be done with it), and I understand that. If this were the case, then the source should use the frowned-upon method of super-seeding and ensure that the early connecters are reliable (in that they promise to stay online until all of their pieces have been redistributed ... an Availability of at least 2 may be a good indicator).

If the original source does want to seed, then shouldn't we open the whole thing to the public? He can limit his upstream to whatever he chooses and, similarly, choose to disconnect once the Availability is decent.

PS: In case someone gets the wrong idea, I am not volunteering to be a reliable "first seeder" ... I use a laptop as my primary computer. Plus, I've only got about 50 KBps upstream available to me.

Comment

VS: once we post it, the people seeding will be slammed. Unless you have a lot of upstream bandwidth, it will take forever for even a few seeds to be established. If the few of us in possession of the DVD are ready to go, everyone else will benefit.
                              jur1st, esq.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltage Spike
                                Perhaps someone could explain this to me again: what is the point of creating a batch of early seeders?
                                Didn't we discuss this before? Deja vu! :-)

More...

Last year, it seemed about 4/5ths of the people participatings did not have "open" ports for people to connect to them-- most had incoming SYN traffic filtered away.

Well over half (3/5?) of the users participating only stayed on until they had what they wanted, and then they (probably) switched off the video torrent, and switched over to torrents they did not complete.

A lack of a pre-seeding, would have meant most people would still have been downloading their content from the primary source.

Pre-seeding to 4 or 5 sources which were (eventually) connectable allowed for more people to download torrent content more quickly-- and even then, there were people complaining that the torrent was too slow. (Why was it too slow? See above about number of users not allowing people to connect to them because of filtered SYN packets.)

This is a security-related conference, so again, we will have a much larger group of people who are not connectable, when compared to the average population.

If the initial seeders have "fat pipes" are "reliable to remain online and seed for the long haul" and "are openly connectable by anyone" then we don't "waste" the original source's total throughput on people who:
                                * Won't stick around to share after they have what they want
                                * Aren't connectable

It may be useful if the original source doesn't want to seed (i.e., upload exactly one copy and be done with it), and I understand that. If this were the case, then the source should use the frowned-upon method of super-seeding and ensure that the early connecters are reliable (in that they promise to stay online until all of their pieces have been redistributed ... an Availability of at least 2 may be a good indicator).

If the original source does want to seed, then shouldn't we open the whole thing to the public? He can limit his upstream to whatever he chooses and, similarly, choose to disconnect once the Availability is decent.

PS: In case someone gets the wrong idea, I am not volunteering to be a reliable "first seeder" ... I use a laptop as my primary computer. Plus, I've only got about 50 KBps upstream available to me.
                                I'm not offering myself for this either. My fast pipe systems have insufficient free space on their drives, and my slow connection with lots of space is way too slow.

Comment

Working...
                                X