No announcement yet.

Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
    to repeat (particularly for those few people who are online right now and NOT already seeding) if you'd just get the fuck off of the torrent for a bit, my fast computer would get to 100% and then everyone would be able to pull the full torrent data at much better speeds.

Not to be pushy or aything but is it safe to get on the Torrent yet?

Umm yeah so this is moot now so just ignore it. I must have been posting @ about the same time.

Comment

I'd say so. I'm connected to 3 peers, 2 of which are seeds. The 3rd is just over 90% complete.

Comment

I must be missing something.. I downloaded a fresh file from the same link, loaded and am pulling from 1 connectable seed 85.10.208.17 and 0 connectable peers out of 2.

que?
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
          I must be missing something.. I downloaded a fresh file from the same link, loaded and am pulling from 1 connectable seed 85.10.208.17 and 0 connectable peers out of 2.

que?
          perhaps it's some sort of tracker issue. i'm noticing some weirdness, too. ah well, my work computer is seeding well enough at 100 KB/sec for now. some other people also are at 100% so that's helping out.

it's strange, i'll grant you. perhaps something still wrong with people who aren't connectable? the tool i used to create the torrent (completedir) didn't have a provision for multi-tracker... next time i'll try something that supports that.

incidentally, what torrent clients do people like to use? heh, i can see fairly well from the list of connected peers what some people are using... but wouldn't hurt to hear comments here. (there may have been a thread about this already, but perhaps i'm thinking of another forum)

i started out with the original python bittornado, then moved briefly to bitcomet (which hung up a lot and was flaky) then moved to µTorrent and never looked back. the time before i was using this software is like a distant memory which was recorded off of tv on to a VHS tape which i now keep in a dusty cupboard and never watch. (name that reference and win a free beer at shmoocon)
          "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
          - Trent Reznor

Comment

In win32 I've been accustom to Azureus. In linux? I just don't fucking know now... I can't seem to get one single client running reliably under ubuntu for the life of me. I bet these issues wouldn't be present if I just compiled it under slackware. sigh .. stupid packages.

Comment

Well guys if you want I'm hosting off of a gigabit connection at this addy if you want to do some heavy pulling. Not that it really matters. 88.198.226.130

Comment

As the person at the end of 68.150.72.48, I gotta say a few things Deviant.

I pulled the torrent on Thursday night and it finished by the morning. I saw your note about the bad data and update #2 and dealt with it that morning. I would have gotten to it sooner, but I was asleep.

I stopped the torrent, re-dowloaded the .torrent and restarted the torrent, replacing the bad data, saving me having to redownload the previous 94%.

I was away for the weekend and made sure that the torrent was left seeding for everyone over the weekend. I tried dude, but sorry if something went sideways, it sucks, but in the end it's worked out. If there is something I should know for future, please enlighten us.
                Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I think right now torrent pains are abroad for many of us in one way or another .. it'll clear up.

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                    I pulled the torrent on Thursday night and it finished by the morning. I saw your note about the bad data and update #2 and dealt with it that morning.
                    you actually did everything properly... i can understand what happened totally.

you had the source material from a DVD i gave you at defcon. you were ready to seed from the get-go.

the original torrent started (with corrupt data) and that overwrote six percent of your source files. that left you at 94% once the new torrent was made available.

you were connected for a moment, then went offline when the new torrent started. (you had observed the initial two hour delay) but we were all collectively dealt a tough break when my stoner roommate closed my torrent client. what should have been a two hour delay was prolonged, thus when others started connecting again (folks who had no way of knowing we weren't in good shape by now) the seeding hadn't completed.

a lot of this is moot, however, since many peers are reporting bursts of bad data coming from my work node. i have a very very strong suspicion that there is a stick of bad RAM in the raid controller there... after a recent upgrade i've been getting a lot of weird file system errors on that file server.

i'm off to try to fix that now, actually.

no worries and absolutely no had feelings... you were acting responsibly and being a helpful seeder. sorry that my frustration in that moment sort of had a wide radius and a lot of splash damage. you're the last person i'd want to lash out at, my brother.
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

• Re: Kenshoto video torrent or tracklisting?

Thanks to everyone who made this happen, regardless of how long it took ;)

Are there plans for the missing kenshoto material? I actually pulled the available stuff in a couple hours and I'm seeding now, so I don't see how a 30GB torrent would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        no worries and absolutely no had feelings... you were acting responsibly and being a helpful seeder. sorry that my frustration in that moment sort of had a wide radius and a lot of splash damage. you're the last person i'd want to lash out at, my brother.
                        No worries, just wanted to calm you down. I knew it was not personal and from frustration, which is why I did'nt reply with what fist crossed my mind :)

Just glad the content is out there now and we could make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                          .. reply with what fist crossed
                          freud? :p

Comment

Originally posted by converge View Post
                            freud? :p
                            Pretty close to it :)

Comment

sorry if this makes anyone mad...but which torrent are we exactly talking about ? I talked to converge earlier about the BH and Defcon ones...

are you guys talking about the ones located at http://defcon.lostboxen.net/forums/ please clarify.

Thanks
                              st.corm
                              - st.corm

Comment

Originally posted by st0rm View Post
                                which torrent are we exactly talking about
                                this is a torrent of the videos that have historically been played as filler material at defcon, either in between movies and other features on DefCon TV or projected up on walls in the chill out or capture the flag areas. while this year a significantly large new archive of videos was also showed (by the kenshoto guys... and that content is not in this torrent) the old staples were all there and accounted for:

GI Joe Fensler Film edited clips
                                Spoofed / Banned Commercials
                                clips of eBaums-style asshattery
                                anime music videos (and other music videos)
                                World Rally Cup racing music montages
                                etc etc etc

the specific content of what is in this filler archive can be found in an earlier post in this very thread.
                                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                                X