The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Now that the official anouncement for DC13 has been posted, what are the odds of the Toxic BBQ becoming an official unofficial event?
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Originally posted by che
    Now that the official anouncement for DC13 has been posted, what are the odds of the Toxic BBQ becoming an official unofficial event?

Whether or not they offically make it an unofficial event, I believe we will make it an unofficial event again this year (2005).

Comment

Originally posted by che
      Like the captain with a sewing fettish on board the Star Trek Enterprise, "Make it sew!"

Toxic BBQ is a good idea, and should continue.

Comment

You can alway's count on my grilling expertice! I'm there if it's official or not.
        If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

I'll be there! Erm.... maybe...
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I will be there as well, as I was last year, hopefully with a group again, a vehicle we can donate for missing supply runs again, and some food to pitch in. I was amazed how much a success it was.

Best BBQ I think Ive ever been to.
            Thumbs up to Rendermans BBQ.. Those were some damn good ribs.

Comment

i already talked to con about planning and we both wanted to wait till after the new year before we all started nailing down plans.... but i dont really care either way. i do know that i'm gonna need to print up about 4 times the fliars of last year (i did about 200).... and feed back was good so i'm expecting to atleast match our last years numbers, and maybe another 50% if we can spread the word early.
              the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I missed it last year but will be there this year without fail. I have also heard of these notorius "ribs"... I won't be grilling but DC peoples seldom refuse an offer to buy them beer.
                Looking forward to sushicon 2 as well...and of course Quarks.

Al
                "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

I can donate LosT's Taxi Service (Tm) again next year. Although I don't think that a certain group enjoyed the crowding of the back seat/moon roof that was last years exodus to the grill....

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                    I missed it last year but will be there this year without fail. I have also heard of these notorius "ribs"... I won't be grilling but DC peoples seldom refuse an offer to buy them beer.
                    Looking forward to sushicon 2 as well...and of course Quarks.

Al
                    i still owe you some beers you got me last year... and i'll be manning a grill again this year, so you're meal will definately be taken care of. dont worry.
                    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I plan on driving for next con, flying is ridiculous for such a short trip. I'll be there early Thursday morning. Maybe I can photograph the slaughter of the BBQ veal?

Comment

I'm definatly in for another. I'll see what other recipies I can come up with to share with all the hungry, hungry, hackers who attend.

2 thoughts though:

1. Need to plan the food run better. Those who were at the sams club, know what I'm talking about.

2. Taxi service needs to actually have a leader to get people into cars. Principals of self-orginization failed miserably last year.

Other than that, what we did last year worked great.
                        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

You can count on me, h3adrush, and some of the other DC719 folks on showing up again.

Originally posted by renderman
                          ......1. Need to plan the food run better. Those who were at the sams club, know what I'm talking about.......
                          I agree with Renderman on having a better plan for the food run.

Also, unlike last year I will make sure I bring my Sams Club Card with me, so we're not all trying to use the same persons card to check out. That is if we still plan on making a stop at Sams.
                          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Since Defcon is cancelled- can we all just extend the toxic BBQ to cover the whole weekend and gather for that?

Comment

I have a cattle prod so I can corral the people into their cars.

Ironic, isn't it.

Comment

Working...
                              X