The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did we have enough alcohol last year?
    what i worry most about is a heard of people showing up with no booze and draining all the stuff we paid for....
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
      what i worry most about is a heard of people showing up with no booze and draining all the stuff we paid for....
      I think we did OK. I had my own personal stash and I put some into the communal.

I for one don't mind sharing, no sense being a bastard and hogging it all.

If everyone brings some extra, it'll even out or we all just get really wasted :)
      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

i'm all for sharing.... if even for giving everyone access to a variety of choices, i just didnt know if there was alot of leeches last year.... its a concern i have as we become more popular and get a broader variety of people....

also, i think that we had enough bbq's onsite to eliminate the need for people to bring additional bbq's. but if we have alot more people this year than we're gonna need access to more grill surface.... anyone have any predictions reguarding our need for additional grills this year?
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I think we made out ok with the juice... we ended up taking a bit back with us, but the more the merrier... but we do need to bring more ice... and HUGE trash bags for the 50 gallon "coolers"
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

i just didnt know if there was alot of leeches last year....
            I did the reverse leech thing and brought an ice chest filled with several 4-pack Guiness (can) that I handed out to a number of people who were owed beer from me and a few who I just thought seemed like good people to me, but I did not drink any beer (being the designated driver and all. :-)

I also brought several bags of chips, and some dip and salasa, but did not eat much while I was there. (I think someone offered me some veggies and dip, and I had some of that.)

It was a good event. :-) The Tees were good too. Thanks High Wiz! I am wearing mine right now as I get ready to go out for a hike. Good memories associated with this event.

anyone have any predictions reguarding our need for additional grills this year?
            I am going to guess you may have up to 2x the number of people attending it-- assuming it is at the same park as last time. The real limiting factor is transportation.

The thing I worry about more than leeches is a jackass who might become violent or upset while getting drunk. I did not see anything like that at the Toxic BBQ, but have seen that at the Con.

Comment

Having access to more grill space than we need is better than to little. I think encouraging the bringing of extra grills is something to continue to encourage. Again, having a vegan only grill is a great idea. same with BBQ tools. I think there was only one brush last year and it saw alot of use

I don't think we'll have to worry as much about drunkards since they have to be sober enough to get thier ass there, that should cut down on the idiot factor a fair bit. Still, having a couple volunteers to un-officially goon the bbq and head off any problems might be something worth doing. I'd be quite willing to provide a donation of food and beer to those who do. (just a thought)
              Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Due to the difficulty of coordinating times with my friends, I was unable to attend last year. Most assuredly this will not happen again.

Anyway, I'm with TheCotMan. I don't drink, and I don't normally cook (although I may try my hand at it this year). However, I'm willing to bring food/booze/cash/tools to those that ask. In other words, I'll do my best to avoid an understock.

Comment

i'm all for sharing.... if even for giving everyone access to a variety of choices, i just didnt know if there was alot of leeches last year.... its a concern i have as we become more popular and get a broader variety of people....

also, i think that we had enough bbq's onsite to eliminate the need for people to bring additional bbq's. but if we have alot more people this year than we're gonna need access to more grill surface.... anyone have any predictions reguarding our need for additional grills this year?
                  Solar Foil + Las Vegas Heat with racks of grills on top of the AP might do well for a Grilling Surface.
                  Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                    The thing I worry about more than leeches is a jackass who might become violent or upset while getting drunk. I did not see anything like that at the Toxic BBQ, but have seen that at the Con.
                    The TBBQ is at the beginning of con (Thurs) and the majority of drunk and disorderly don't occur until the alchoholic tardlettes have had enough time to consume sufficient alchohol - late Thursday, well after the park is closed and we've returned to the hotel. These are defcon attendees, possessing some of the most battle hardened livers known to modern man!

My biggest fear is that we get infiltrated by norm leeches who want to leech our grub and beers. We narrowly avoided this last year when Londo flew the pirate colors and scared some inbound norms away. For this reason, I believe we will again boldly display our eccentricities, brightly colored hair and counter culture behavior punctuated with public displays of homoeroticism and gastronomical delights.
                    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
                      The TBBQ is at the beginning of con (Thurs) and the majority of drunk and disorderly don't occur until the alchoholic tardlettes have had enough time to consume sufficient alchohol - late Thursday, well after the park is closed and we've returned to the hotel. These are defcon attendees, possessing some of the most battle hardened livers known to modern man!
                      Most of the regulars that I have seen don't get violent or start crap when getting drunk at DC... They seems to just get mellow and relax. It's mostly people new to boozin' and hangups with "something to prove" create drama where should be none, and cause problems.

You bring up a good point too... Having this on a thurday decreases risk of infection by jackasses... let alone people who are drunk. :-)

My biggest fear is that we get infiltrated by norm leeches who want to leech our grub and beers. We narrowly avoided this last year when Londo flew the pirate colors and scared some inbound norms away. For this reason, I believe we will again boldly display our eccentricities, brightly colored hair and counter culture behavior punctuated with public displays of homoeroticism and gastronomical delights.
                      Wait, wait, wait... are these examples of things meant to market this event to DC people, or get rid of them?

;-)

Heh heh-heh hrm. Yeah! This is like cool and stuff! Whoah!

Comment

*Waves half-heartedly* I get to be the D.D. because of that age thing. God hates me sometimes I think. No seriously, I know the parties I am traveling with will be bringing some alchohol and I'll pony up doe for it though I can't partake. No sense in being a mizer cause of circumstances. Uhm otherwise, let's just get ready to have some fun as we always do.
                        We thought technology would be the answer, instead it brought more questions. We thought that hackers were the answer, instead we got laughed at. We've resolved that books are the answer, they make a good fuel source for fires.

Comment

Recently I had my physical and my liver enzymes were...normal! I said: "Your test is obviously wrong" so we did the blood test again with the same result.
                          Originally posted by ndex
                          These are defcon attendees, possessing some of the most battle hardened livers known to modern man!
                          And apparently *bionic* in my case...

Al
                          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

did you guys go to sams club or costco? they are technically two seperate corporate entities.

When I attended with Phobal we did a stop at the costco off of I15. They had a good selection of everything.

I was thinking for this year to buy a big pot and cook up some corn on the cob.

THe communal 'public' alcohol, perhaps one of those big rubbermaid garbage cans filled with ice. Those that have some excess wobbly-pops can donate to the bin.
                            Question though, what about underage drinking?

And I missed the taxi time at the front lobby I offered to ferry people around, was late getting back to the AP and late getting to the park. However this year i should still have my black unmarked tinted fed-wannabe ford SUV. I can hold 7 people :)

And I have a costco card too btw! :D
                            Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
                            Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dented-Halo
                              When I attended with Phobal we did a stop at the costco off of I15. They had a good selection of everything.
                              I'm sorry you had to attend with phobal

Question though, what about underage drinking?
                              What about it? As far as I am aware, those who were drinking were 21 or over. Being as how most people left their IDs back at hotel and those who did have their IDs were Desiginated Driver (Thus, Not Drinking), there was no way in which to verify the claims of their age, but we took them at their word. I hope that answers your question.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                                What about it? As far as I am aware, those who were drinking were 21 or over. Being as how most people left their IDs back at hotel and those who did have their IDs were Desiginated Driver (Thus, Not Drinking), there was no way in which to verify the claims of their age, but we took them at their word. I hope that answers your question.
                                yeah that is a good approach, sounds reasonable. I was just curious and hadnt thought about it and then the risk analyst in me kicked into gear and i started thinking about all the potential risks and exposures one may have, ex: the communal bin of alcohol, ie joe schmuck has to much, drives, kills someone, linked back to free booze, and underage.

Okay ill stop thinking now :) its much easier haha
                                Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
                                Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

Working...
                                X