Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    just let me know what I can do to help. it was mas fun last year and I am looking forward to it. oh, and I will have my Sam's club card on me too
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by astcell
      I have a cattle prod so I can corral the people into their cars.

      Ironic, isn't it.

      //Mental Note, Do not eat any of ASTCELL's bbq'd offerings...
      Never drink anything larger than your head!





      Comment


      • #18
        Count me in. If anyone needs help with anything related to the BBQ Tox I am more then willing to do what I can. Had a great time last year with the exception of the park patrol requiring I leave my comfortable perch.

        Siviak, thanks for being the first person to put a cold brew in the hands of this out-of-towner.

        On another note, anyone else besides our ride get lost for no apparent reason on the way back? I imagine the only reason we did is because of the bunch of drunk idiots in the back seat shouting random numbers or street names, and not having a clue what we were talking about. Anyway thought maybe it might be a reasonable idea to print some flyers with directions back.

        CK3K, I believe I hopped in your car on the way back, thnx for the lift and shouts to your chauffeur who ever you were.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by KeLviN
          i still owe you some beers you got me last year... and i'll be manning a grill again this year, so you're meal will definately be taken care of. dont worry.
          Thanks KeL, I regret missing the last one...I think i was trying to hit up on a reporter in the old AP bar (R.I.P...moment of silence please) and the time got away from me.

          But I could be wrong.

          Al
          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by renderman
            hungry, hungry, hackers
            Sounds like it should be a video game. Save me a rib.

            Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

            Comment


            • #21
              Venison

              We got a buck, doe and a wild pig this year so I am planning on bringing Venison sausages and some ground venison for burgers. If anyone likes wild pig I can bring some as well. Just have to figure out a way to get it there considering I'm flying. Dry ice and fedex maybe?
              Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
              -Homer Simpson

              Comment


              • #22
                i dont know what you people have against the food run last year...! that food run had more organization than most of con! imagine defcon.... now imagine the food run.... they have the same feel!


                but i suppose some planning points could be tweeked... :)
                the fresh prince of 1337

                To learn how to hack; submit your request

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by KeLviN
                  i dont know what you people have against the food run last year...! that food run had more organization than most of con! imagine defcon.... now imagine the food run.... they have the same feel!


                  but i suppose some planning points could be tweeked... :)
                  yes... I would suggest a menu or something alog those lines... but that would be too far out.


                  I am open to suggestions.. we can do a few featured designated shoppers in one big car/van/truck to do all the shopping and just meet everyone else...
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Siviak
                    I am open to suggestions.. we can do a few featured designated shoppers in one big car/van/truck to do all the shopping and just meet everyone else...
                    If we did that, then we'd have to charge a set fee per person to cover the food costs, someone would have to take responsibility for the cost (and the risk of not recovering said expenses) and some people still wouldn't get what they wanted.

                    Organised food runs would be a good idea, though. We made a run to the base, but everyone else was sleeping, so only one extra person came along. If we had several designated runs being made, it would be easy for those without cars to get their food in.
                    the fresh princess of 1338

                    What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by guile
                      ...If anyone likes wild pig I can bring some as well. Just have to figure out a way to get it there considering I'm flying. Dry ice and fedex maybe?
                      Can you get it on the plane in a pet carrier?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by astcell
                        Can you get it on the plane in a pet carrier?
                        Well seeing that I blasted the bastard with a AK-47 and he's in pieces in the deep freeze the pet carrier might be out of the question unless you want rancid boar on your hands. Just might stick with the fedex idea.
                        Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
                        -Homer Simpson

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by octalpus
                          If we did that, then we'd have to charge a set fee per person to cover the food costs, someone would have to take responsibility for the cost (and the risk of not recovering said expenses) and some people still wouldn't get what they wanted.

                          Organised food runs would be a good idea, though. We made a run to the base, but everyone else was sleeping, so only one extra person came along. If we had several designated runs being made, it would be easy for those without cars to get their food in.
                          op: While I absolutely agree to the whole 'coordinated store run' concept, I have to encourage you to resist the urge to be central gopher/coordinator for same. I'm going to make 1 (one) run to Sams Club when I get into Vegas. I expect to buy everything I need then for the Que as well as my snacks, booze, beer, water and maybe even condoms.

                          While last year may be a haze in most peoples minds, I spent it doubled up in my room with food poisoning. I well recall how frazzled, stressed and *overcommitted* certain specific individuals were. YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND KNOW I'M TALKING TO YOU!!

                          Every year I preach the same story. Last year, a few people listened and they were glad. This year, a few more may catch on and they'll be glad too. We, the experienced con-goers, are not the beasts of burden for those who cannot think far enough ahead to buy beer by the case.

                          To all who would ignore the advice to shop ahead: Failure to plan on your part does not constitute and emergency on our part.
                          That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ndex
                            op: While I absolutely agree to the whole 'coordinated store run' concept, I have to encourage you to resist the urge to be central gopher/coordinator for same.
                            Hahahahaha... notice I wasn't volunteering. I'm quite overextended as it is. In fact, I suggested there should be *several* runs, because it was obvious people couldn't all make it at the same time. I make *one* trip to the base for booze, food, and supplies, generally early in the week, before I get caught up with work. Anyone wishing to take part in the tax free goodness must be in the car then or find another sucker with a .mil ID.
                            the fresh princess of 1338

                            What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think the food run went ok.. it is good for folks to buy their own food then share what they wish to share. Same with beer. The only thing I think could have used tweaking is folks (or group of folks) that are getting food decide to do it a bit before the caravan leaves out, or everyone designate the food bringers for them and the rest of the folks get to the park to start things up. All in all, I think the toxic bbq was one of the best events we had. I hope to do more to help this year.
                              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by che
                                I think the food run went ok.. it is good for folks to buy their own food then share what they wish to share. Same with beer. The only thing I think could have used tweaking is folks (or group of folks) that are getting food decide to do it a bit before the caravan leaves out, or everyone designate the food bringers for them and the rest of the folks get to the park to start things up. All in all, I think the toxic bbq was one of the best events we had. I hope to do more to help this year.
                                I agree, for the most part. I think the only disorganisation lay within some people needing to get food and not having opportunity, because they were unaware of when those who were driving would be going. Also, waiting til the 11th hour to get food could have been avoided if the runs were arranged in advance. The small core group involved knew what was going on... everyone else was in the dark.

                                We should absolutely leave it with people contributing their own food, though. If we all bring a little of something, everyone gets a lot more out of it!
                                the fresh princess of 1338

                                What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X