The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by octalpus
    I agree, for the most part. I think the only disorganisation lay within some people needing to get food and not having opportunity, because they were unaware of when those who were driving would be going. Also, waiting til the 11th hour to get food could have been avoided if the runs were arranged in advance. The small core group involved knew what was going on... everyone else was in the dark.

We should absolutely leave it with people contributing their own food, though. If we all bring a little of something, everyone gets a lot more out of it!
    I think if we know when/where to meet, and more than one person knows where we are going for a food run, it should be alot smoother.

It all worked out in the end, but it was quite 11th hour.
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
      I think if we know when/where to meet, and more than one person knows where we are going for a food run, it should be alot smoother.

It all worked out in the end, but it was quite 11th hour.
      all this stuff was addressed on the flier that i printed out and distributed around con... but i needed alot more than the several hundred that dissapeared minutes after i lay them down....

i think advertising the schedule (once it is nailed down) will be my biggest priority this year.
      -more fliers
      -schedule posted on the website (months in advance)
      -signs at the meeting points (food, caravan/taxi, and bbq site)
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Ah so I am back from my forums vacation seem that the defcon 13 threads have started a bit early hope everyone’s holidays were good.

So moving on to the BBQ, I am really looking forward to this again and I have started work on the location and a map to the park with places to stop along the way for food and supplies. I am going to contact the parks and recreation services here to work on reserving the same spot we had last time as well as food/supplies/alcohol caravan route. I will also have recon pictures up soon.
        There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0
          Ah so I am back from my forums vacation seem that the defcon 13 threads have started a bit early hope everyone’s holidays were good.

So moving on to the BBQ, I am really looking forward to this again and I have started work on the location and a map to the park with places to stop along the way for food and supplies. I am going to contact the parks and recreation services here to work on reserving the same spot we had last time as well as food/supplies/alcohol caravan route. I will also have recon pictures up soon.
          Don't forget to have the pirate flag laundered...
          That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
            Don't forget to have the pirate flag laundered...
            Will do and I'm thinking one of these would do for an ice chest.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~patinage/images/Pirate's_Chest1.jpg
            Last edited by L0nd0; January 6, 2005, 21:15.
            There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwiggle
              shouts to your chauffeur who ever you were.
              That'd be me.

As for the BBQ, I am game for whatever help y'all are gonna need. If I have transportation available, I will do some runs. If I can help out with anything else let me know. Last year was an incredible success.
              Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
                That'd be me.

As for the BBQ, I am game for whatever help y'all are gonna need. If I have transportation available, I will do some runs. If I can help out with anything else let me know. Last year was an incredible success.
                who invited you?!

oh yeah... we're an equal opportunity bbq... damn... : )

oh, l0ndo, let me know whats going on with the location, rout, food stops, and reserved spot when you get the info. i wanna have this flier done before the morning before. i had to design the last one on the AP's buisness center pc's minutes before they removed them for con...
                the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by L0nd0
                  Will do and I'm thinking one of these would do for an ice chest.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~patinage/images/Pirate's_Chest1.jpg

Dude... stencils/stickers? That's a nice chest, I'd hate to ruin it with ice.
                  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I can't wait for it again, it had to have been the deffest bbq around. I will have my car so vega and I could make some trips.
                    ~:CK:~
                    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                      I can't wait for it again, it had to have been the deffest bbq around. I will have my car so vega and I could make some trips.
                      Did you just say "deffest"?!? Dear god lad..
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                        Did you just say "deffest"?!? Dear god lad..

"deffer".... "more def"?
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

yea i was thinking the same thing....is that like def jam or something?
                          ARRR!

Comment

Originally posted by h3adrush
                            yea i was thinking the same thing....is that like def jam or something?
                            Maybe it is like DEF(con)FEST(ival) def-fest or deffest.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                              Maybe it is like DEF(con)FEST(ival) def-fest or deffest.
                              Or could be that CK3K was inebriated when typing
                              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                                Or could be that CK3K was inebriated when typing
                                Occam's razor sez: You are correct, sir!

Al
                                "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Working...
                                X