The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siviak
    the salmon was the shit... I would be willing to kick in for another one.. if not I will have to make my steaks... either way
    It would probably be easier to have it shipped to you direct than have someone mule it down. It might even be fresher that way. The place I buy from specializes in wild (not farmed) salmon from Alaska and during the summer it's fresh off the boat in the mornings. They also have crab and other seafood. Anyone who's interested can PM me and I'll hook them up with a link, you can buy it online and they'll airfrieght it overnight to you. It is really good. The down side is the hotel gave us a hard time when we wanted to store it so we ended up buying a huge cooler, which ended up being a blessing in disguise.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Hmm, and I thought I pretty much sampled it all. I missed the salmon completely. I didnt even hear about it until now..

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
        It would probably be easier to have it shipped to you direct than ....
        that sounds like a plan... I would love a link to thier site. that way you don't have to schlep it all over the airport.
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
          The deffest BBQ to happen on a Thursday in Las Vegas should most definately return. The sequal must not be a lame rendition of the first.

Official event: don't care
          More turnout: don't care
          Organizational worries and hyper planning-fu: erm... whatever.

The food run can be fixed by:

* setting a specific location for meetup
          * setting a specific time for meetup
          * sticking to that time and leaving slackers behind
          * making directions from the hotel to the run spot(s) and park destination so that all drivers are informed

I might also suggest giving more time for the food run, due to the time it took for us to get the cars caravan'd over, the consumables purchased, and back to the park.

Half the fun of the BBQ, imo, was the cloud of hackers overturning the store for meats, beers, and accessories. The entire time was a blast and the spare food was put to good use.
          Agreed on all points. We may want to get some of the combustibles/support items earlier in the week this time (or have have $resident_Las_Vegas pick them up prior). It was kind of rushed last time getting the charcoal to the grills. (Speaking of which, I'll buy more than two bags this year).
          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by ndex
            salmon from Alaska
            I predict a run on the salmon...I'll help pay.

Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

How about a run on the grunion, I'll make a trip to San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                How about a run on the grunion, I'll make a trip to San Diego.
                Hey, that would be cool. As a former SD resident, it has been about 15 years since I've been able todo anything remotely close to that. I envy you, and not to mention I have kinda forgot what grunion taste like.
                If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                  Hey, that would be cool. As a former SD resident, it has been about 15 years since I've been able todo anything remotely close to that. I envy you, and not to mention I have kinda forgot what grunion taste like.
                  San Diego has changed a lot in 15 years. They taste like smog.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    San Diego has changed a lot in 15 years. They taste like smog.
                    Go figure. They probably cost a fortune now too!
                    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                      Go figure. They probably cost a fortune now too!
                      It was not too bad when I lived in Oceanside CA (18 miles north of SD) 8 years ago.
                      Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
                        It was not too bad when I lived in Oceanside CA (18 miles north of SD) 8 years ago.
                        I'm not a SoCal guy, but...Grunion? Never heard of it. What does it taste like? I've heard some people say "abalone" is really good there too.

Al K. Lloyd

P.S. "Chicken" responses, though mildly humorous, are not informative.
                        "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Fish pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by allentrace
                            I lived in Oceanside 8 years ago also; embarrassingly, working for the gov't. Grunion is yummy. I've been back to socal a few times since to visit, it seems like San Diego has turned into a rather large LA suburb.

In more bbq related news, I'll make some habanero burgers, for those not faint of heart.

Comment

Originally posted by lucifex
                              In more bbq related news, I'll make some habanero burgers, for those not faint of heart.
                              To be washed down with Flea's habanero rum.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                                To be washed down with Flea's habanero rum.
                                Sorry, I'm allergic to Spontaneous Human Combustion.

Comment

Working...
                                X