The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astcell
    Sorry, I'm allergic to Spontaneous Human Combustion.
    Yeah, after you get past the usual hispana carnicena or el taco veloz level, I'm burned out.

Al K. Lloyd
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
      I'm not a SoCal guy, but...Grunion? Never heard of it. What does it taste like? I've heard some people say "abalone" is really good there too.

Al K. Lloyd

P.S. "Chicken" responses, though mildly humorous, are not informative.

"Grunion may be taken by sport fishers using their hands only"
      grunion
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

On a different note, I need a recipe for something we had at the BBQ last year. If I remember correctly, (which I may not due to alcohol consumption), someone around the area of the grill made "Cervichi?"

All I can rember is a mixture of green peppers, avocado, and shrimp mixed togher, placed in a soft tortilla with strips of steak.

I *thought* h3adrush or lil_freak brought this? I may be mistaken.

Anyone know?

Comment

Nope, neither h3adrush nor myself brought this dish.

Hopefully the person that diid will see this and post on it, sorry Pezz.
          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

i dont know who brought some for the bbq, but there are plenty of good recipies online that can be adjusted to taste. its pretty much a salsa with fish.
            the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Sorry, I'm allergic to Spontaneous Human Combustion.
              Jack Daniels Blazing Wing Sauce + Satan's Blood (Chile Pepper Extract and Red Vinager +not sure what else) On Chicken Wings + With a Captain Morgans Spiced Rum to wash it down = extreme intestinal distress before Spontaneous Human Combustion. Not Pretty.
              Did Everquest teach you that?

Comment

Grilling

Originally posted by renderman
                Having access to more grill space than we need is better than to little. I think encouraging the bringing of extra grills is something to continue to encourage. Again, having a vegan only grill is a great idea. same with BBQ tools. I think there was only one brush last year and it saw alot of use

I don't think we'll have to worry as much about drunkards since they have to be sober enough to get thier ass there, that should cut down on the idiot factor a fair bit. Still, having a couple volunteers to un-officially goon the bbq and head off any problems might be something worth doing. I'd be quite willing to provide a donation of food and beer to those who do. (just a thought)
                Since this may be my first TBBQ, I'm just thinking If there will be Pork ribs that they be properly cooked, no one wants to develop PIGBEL,

http://ije.oupjournals.org/cgi/conte...tract/12/2/211
                I never saw a wild thing
                sorry for itself.
                A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
                without ever having felt sorry for itself - D.H. Lawrence

Eat Salmon, the other PINK meat.

Comment

Ceviche rocks

Originally posted by pezz
                  On a different note, I need a recipe for something we had at the BBQ last year. If I remember correctly, (which I may not due to alcohol consumption), someone around the area of the grill made "Cervichi?"

All I can rember is a mixture of green peppers, avocado, and shrimp mixed togher, placed in a soft tortilla with strips of steak.

I *thought* h3adrush or lil_freak brought this? I may be mistaken.

Anyone know?
                  My moms makes it alot for parties and stuff. here's a link to a recipe for it.

http://www.cooking-italian-food.com/ceviche_recipe.htm
                  I never saw a wild thing
                  sorry for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonDesaint
                    Since this may be my first TBBQ, I'm just thinking If there will be Pork ribs that they be properly cooked
                    Heyyyy. What are you suggesting 'bout the grill master(s) from last year?

no one wants to develop PIGBEL
                    Interesting link.

The grill master(s) last year knew wayyy more about BBQ than me and people seemed really happy with the results, and I dont recall anyone getting sick from the BBQ.

If I had something that needed BBQ, I would have tried to bribe the grill master(s) with booze to have them use their grills and fire to cook my stuff too.

Comment

• hey, will y'all shut up about no one getting sick! you're gonna jinx us!

and those of us who operate a grill for the event are not resopnsible for the safety of your digestive tracts. if you're worried, then hit up in-'n-out on the way. you can hand me your burger and i'll hand it back, so you feel like part of the club.
                      the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

• Originally posted by KeLviN
                        those of us who operate a grill for the event are not resopnsible for the safety of your digestive tracts
                        We are not responsible wither if you consume something coated in 'Super atomic fiery death hotsauce' by choice. If you do, your on your own as well.
                        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeLviN
                          hey, will y'all shut up about no one getting sick! you're gonna jinx us!
                          Sorry man. Change in story. Everyone got sick, but we purged and vowed never to speak or write about it again, lest the speaker be cursed by ducks.

What is that duck doing here? gah!

Comment

• no disrespect

[QUOTE=TheCotMan]Heyyyy. What are you suggesting 'bout the grill master(s) from last year?

No disrespect to anyone. I'm sure to give mad props to anyone who stands in front of the grill in nevada temperatures. Besides, I got a stomach like a maggot. It takes alot to tear my guts up.
                            I never saw a wild thing
                            sorry for itself.

Comment

• ..actually.. that only illness that I am aware of was one mild case of heat stroke that was fixed by getting the person cooled down and rested in their hotel room. (thanks again l0nd0, for the assistance)
                              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonDesaint
                                No disrespect to anyone. I'm sure to give mad props to anyone who stands in front of the grill in nevada temperatures.

heh you must be new here... the cute part about that is in 120 degree weather (anbd lets not forget the heat index) standing in front of a fire is almost like hovering over the air conditioner
                                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                                X