The Memories, The Hype, The Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by che
    Safe?!? Since when have we been worried about "safe"?!?! The more important question is "Can it be done?"
    Touche. :-)

I guess that the charcoal could be sent to the moon and then shot at the earth at 10% the speed of light to see if our atmosphere could heat them faster. ]:>

Comment

• So is thursday 6pm the confirmed date?

Do we have a web page setup for this yet?

It's getting close folks! Gettin hungry thinkin about it allready.

One thing I wanted to mention is that EFF is having a party on the same day starting at 9pm, so there might be a bit of a conflict with some people (I am going to it)

But if I recal from last year, most people were gone by the time it got dark at the park, so no biggie.

Again the services of my vehicle (ford expedition) will be made available as needed. (food hauler/people hauler).
      Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
      Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

• it will be on thursday.
        an exact time has not been set but assume same as last year.
        web page will be up eventually.
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

• Is the guy who hung from the trees going to be there? You know, Pete. Peter Pan?
          --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallahar
            Is the guy who hung from the trees going to be there? You know, Pete. Peter Pan?
            You mean Tinkerbell....good question. Did he even make it all the way through DC last year? I can't recall seeing him past Friday Night.
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

• Originally posted by Dented-Halo
              One thing I wanted to mention is that EFF is having a party on the same day starting at 9pm, so there might be a bit of a conflict with some people (I am going to it)
              are you talking about The Summit? that is NOT the EFF, though the funds will goto them... and we are't worried about attendance... we weren't worried about it last year and we aren't going to worry about it this year... that seems to work for us.
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siviak
                we are't worried about attendance... we weren't worried about it last year and we aren't going to worry about it this year... that seems to work for us.
                look what we went through to discourage extra people showing up last year... and yet they still came.
                “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

• Originally posted by spahkle
                  look what we went through to discourage extra people showing up last year... and yet they still came.
                  yup.. those damn crafty Canadians.... </insert comment about RenderMan's "special sauce" here>
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

• well one less crafty canadian wont be there. Phobal and his buddy dont arrive till Friday, sadly missing this years TBBQ.

How we all missed Phobals online verbal antics!
                    Livin it up in the digital metropolis known as Tokyo.
                    Tokyo's 2600 web page: www.tokyo2600.com

Comment

• For certain values of 'crafty', 'sadly', and 'missed'...
                      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

• Well the Forum Meet is Thursday, 8-10pm, hope this won't interfere.

Comment

• http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=5733

I know that there is going to be a ton of stuff going on Thursday, but the Forum Meet has been set for Friday night.
                          Aut disce aut discede

Comment

• Rats I am still not used to my 2005 calendar, it has Thu where Fri used to be.

Comment

• yeah AST. now you have no excuse to skip the BBQ. come now.. are you gonna let us suffer another year of my horrid camera-work?\

fyi.. domain transfer of toxicbbq.com has completed. Pages will be built and up (with minimal info, at this point) within the week if I have any say. Info will be updated from their on to reflect further inbound communications from the cohorts making this thing happen.
                              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

• And... [drumroll] ... http://www.toxicbbq.com has teh infoz.

I decided not to slack for the night.. updated the html too (don't think I missed references from last year?) anyhow. Read it. Show up.
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X